The Los Angeles Angels (27-19) and Toronto Blue Jays (24-20) will clash on Friday at Angel Stadium, with first pitch at 9:38 PM ET.
Oddsmakers project the Blue Jays as a small favorite (-113 on the moneyline) against the Angels (-106). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Toronto Blue Jays looking to Alek Manoah (5-1), and Chase Silseth (1-1) taking the ball for the Los Angeles Angels.
These clubs meet again following the Blue Jays’ 6-3 victory over the Angels yesterday. Hyun-Jin Ryu (5.0 IP, 2 R, 6 H, 1 K) picked up the win for the Blue Jays. George Springer went 2-for-4 with a home run and an RBI to lead the team on offense. Shohei Ohtani (6.0 IP, 5 R, 6 H, 10 K) took the loss on the mound for the Angels.
Get ready for the Blue Jays vs. Angels with what you need to know about Friday’s baseball action.
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Los Angeles Angels Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Blue Jays (-113, bet $113 to win $100)
- Underdog: Angels (-106, bet $106 to win $100)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Blue Jays Stats and Trends
Blue Jays Betting Records
- The Blue Jays have won 19, or 59.4%, of the 32 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Toronto is 19-13 this season when entering a game favored by -113 or more on the moneyline.
- The Blue Jays have a 53.1% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 18 of their 44 opportunities.
- The Blue Jays are 19-25-0 ATS in their 44 games with a spread this season.
Alek Manoah (Blue Jays Probable Starter)
- Manoah (5-1) will take the mound for the Blue Jays, his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up one earned run in eight innings pitched on Saturday in his last outing, a matchup with the Cincinnati Reds.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in eight games this season with an ERA of 1.62, a 4.778 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of .880.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Manoah will look to finish five or more innings for the ninth start in a row.
- The Angels are batting .247 this season, ninth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .417 (second in the league) with 60 home runs.
- The 24-year-old’s 1.62 ERA ranks third, .880 WHIP ranks fifth, and 7.7 K/9 ranks 32nd among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Blue Jays Batting Stats
- The Blue Jays’ 48 home runs rank 10th in Major League Baseball.
- Fueled by 118 extra-base hits, the Blue Jays rank 18th in MLB with a .382 slugging percentage this season.
- Toronto has a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 20th among MLB teams.
- The Blue Jays have scored the 24th-most runs in the league this season with 164 (3.7 per game).
- Toronto has the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.301).
- The Blue Jays have shown patience at the plate this season with the ninth-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.1) among MLB offenses.
Angels Stats and Trends
Angels Betting Records
- The Angels have been victorious in four of the nine contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Los Angeles has a mark of 3-4 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by -106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 51.5% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 22 of 46 chances this season.
- The Angels are 24-22-0 against the spread in their 46 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Chase Silseth (Angels Probable Starter)
- Silseth (1-1) gets the starting nod for the Angels, his third of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Saturday, the righty tossed 4 1/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics, allowing three earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- Over his two appearances this season, opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of just .189 against him. He has a 2.61 ERA and averages 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings.
- Silseth is looking to record his second quality start of the year.
- Silseth has pitched five or more innings in a game one time this year entering this outing.
- The opposing Blue Jays offense has a collective .232 batting average, and is 24th in the league with 334 total hits and 24th in MLB action with 164 runs scored. They have the 18th-ranked slugging percentage (.382) and are 10th in all of MLB with 48 home runs.
Angels Batting Stats
- The Angels are second in baseball with 60 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- So far this year, the Angels rank second in baseball, slugging .417.
- Los Angeles’ .247 batting average is ninth-best in MLB.
- The Angels are the fourth-highest scoring team in MLB action averaging 4.7 runs per game (217 total).
- Los Angeles’ .319 on-base percentage is seventh-best in baseball.
- The Angels strike out 9.1 times per game, the third-worst average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).