On Tuesday, the Chicago White Sox (32-33) are hosting the Toronto Blue Jays (38-29), at 8:10 PM ET, in the second game of a three-game series.
The White Sox play as a home underdog (+111) against the Blue Jays (-132). The Blue Jays will give the ball to Kevin Gausman (5-6) versus the White Sox and Dylan Cease (5-3).
Yesterday, the White Sox picked up an 8-7 victory over the Blue Jays, with Lance Lynn (5.0 IP, 3 R, 4 H, 5 K) registering the win for the White Sox. Andrew Vaughn went 4-for-4 with a double, a home run and two RBI to lead the offensive attack. Jose Berrios (4.0 IP, 6 R, 9 H, 1 K) took the loss for the Blue Jays.
Ahead of watching this Blue Jays vs. White Sox matchup, here’s everything you need to know about Tuesday’s action on the diamond.
Toronto Blue Jays vs. Chicago White Sox Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Blue Jays (-132, bet $132 to win $100)
- Underdog: White Sox (+111, bet $100 to win $111)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Blue Jays Stats and Trends
Blue Jays Betting Records
- The Blue Jays have entered the game as favorites 50 times this season and won 29, or 58%, of those games.
- Toronto has a record of 21-16 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -132 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 56.9% chance of a victory for the Blue Jays.
- Toronto and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 35 of their 66 opportunities.
- In 66 games with a spread this season, the Blue Jays are 29-37-0 ATS.
Kevin Gausman (Blue Jays Probable Starter)
- The Blue Jays’ Gausman (5-6) will make his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 2 1/3 innings while giving up five earned runs on seven hits in a matchup with the Baltimore Orioles.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.21, a 7.273 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.260 in 13 games this season.
- In 13 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in seven of them.
- In 13 starts, Gausman has pitched through or past the fifth inning 11 times. He has a season average of 5.2 frames per outing.
- The White Sox rank seventh in MLB with a .252 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 20th in the league (.381) and 58 home runs.
- The right-hander has faced the White Sox one time this season, allowing them to go 6-for-21 with three doubles, a home run and three RBI in five innings.
- The 31-year-old’s 3.21 ERA ranks 31st, 1.260 WHIP ranks 42nd, and 9.9 K/9 ranks eighth among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Blue Jays Batting Stats
- The Blue Jays have hit 86 homers this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- Hitters for the Blue Jays rank third in the majors with a combined .428 team slugging percentage.
- Toronto has a team batting average of .254 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- The Blue Jays are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking 10th with 308 total runs this season.
- Toronto has an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Blue Jays are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking eighth with an average of 7.9 strikeouts per game.
White Sox Stats and Trends
White Sox Betting Records
- The White Sox have won in 11, or 37.9%, of the 29 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Chicago has been victorious six times in 18 chances when named as an underdog of at least +111 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the White Sox have a 47.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 32 of their 69 opportunities.
- The White Sox have an against the spread record of 33-36-0 in 69 games with a line this season.
Dylan Cease (White Sox Probable Starter)
- Cease (5-3) gets the starting nod for the White Sox in his 14th start of the season. He has a 2.91 ERA in 68 innings pitched, with 97 strikeouts.
- The righty’s last time out was on Tuesday against the Detroit Tigers, when he threw 5 2/3 innings, surrendering no earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In 13 games this season, the 26-year-old has a 2.91 ERA and 12.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .224 to opposing batters.
- Cease is looking to collect his fourth quality start of the year.
- Cease has put up nine starts this season that he pitched five or more innings.
- He will take the mound against a Blue Jays offense that ranks seventh in the league with 576 total hits (on a .254 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .428 (third in the league) with 86 total home runs (sixth in MLB action).
- This season, the 26-year-old ranks 21st in ERA (2.91), 54th in WHIP (1.353), and first in K/9 (12.8) among pitchers who qualify.
White Sox Batting Stats
- The White Sox rank 25th in MLB action with 58 total home runs.
- So far this season, the White Sox’s .381 slugging percentage is 20th in baseball.
- Chicago is seventh in MLB with a .252 batting average.
- The White Sox score the 24th-most runs in baseball (275 total, 4.2 per game).
- Chicago is 19th in baseball with a .308 on-base percentage.
- The White Sox strike out 7.7 times per game to rank fourth in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Blue Jays vs. White Sox: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).