At Comerica Park on Sunday, the Detroit Tigers (25-40) meet the Texas Rangers (31-34), with first pitch at 1:40 PM ET.
The Rangers are favored away from home (-149) versus the Tigers (+127). The starting pitchers are Dane Dunning (1-4) for the Texas Rangers, and Drew Hutchison (0-4) for the Detroit Tigers.
Yesterday, the Tigers claimed a 14-7 win over the Rangers, with Rony Garcia (6 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 5 K) earning the win for the Tigers. Eric Haase went 3-for-5 with a double, a home run and three RBI to lead the offensive attack. Taylor Hearn (3.2 IP, 8 R, 10 H, 4 K) took the loss for the Rangers.
Prepare for the Rangers vs. Tigers with everything you need to know about Sunday’s game.
Texas Rangers vs. Detroit Tigers Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Rangers (-149, bet $149 to win $100)
- Underdog: Tigers (+127, bet $100 to win $127)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Rangers Stats and Trends
Rangers Betting Records
- The Rangers have been favorites in 18 games this season and won eight (44.4%) of those contests.
- Texas has played as a favorite of -149 or more twice this season and split those games.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 59.8% chance of a victory for the Rangers.
- Texas and its opponents have hit the over in 28 of their 66 games with a total this season.
- The Rangers are 39-27-0 ATS in their 66 games with a spread this season.
Dane Dunning (Rangers Probable Starter)
- Dunning (1-4) will take the mound for the Rangers, his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 6 2/3 scoreless innings against the Houston Astros while allowing two hits.
- The 27-year-old has pitched in 13 games this season with a 4.04 ERA and 8.6 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .248.
- He has earned a quality start five times in 13 starts this season.
- Dunning has started 13 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings nine times. He averages 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Tigers rank 30th in MLB with 183 runs scored this season. They have a .223 batting average this campaign with 34 home runs (30th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers this year, the 27-year-old’s 4.04 ERA ranks 47th, 1.290 WHIP ranks 47th, and 8.6 K/9 ranks 30th.
Rangers Batting Stats
- The Rangers rank sixth in Major League Baseball with 81 home runs.
- Fueled by 170 extra-base hits, the Rangers rank 17th in MLB with a .388 slugging percentage this season.
- Texas has a team batting average of .235 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 284 (4.4 per game).
- Texas is among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 27th with an OBP of .294.
- The Rangers rank 19th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
Tigers Stats and Trends
Tigers Betting Records
- The Tigers have won in 18, or 36.7%, of the 49 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Detroit has been victorious seven times in 28 chances when named as an underdog of at least +127 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Tigers have a 44.1% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Detroit and their opponents have gone over in 22 of their 65 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Tigers are 29-36-0 against the spread in their 65 games that had a posted line this season.
Drew Hutchison (Tigers Probable Starter)
- The Tigers will send Hutchison (0-4) to make his second start of the season.
- His most recent appearance came on Tuesday against the Chicago White Sox, when the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up five hits.
- In 11 appearances this season, he has put up a 4.58 ERA and averages 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings while opposing batters are hitting .227 against him.
- He will face a Rangers offense that ranks 14th in the league with 284 total runs scored while batting .235 as a unit. His opponent has a collective .388 slugging percentage (17th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 81 home runs (sixth in the league).
Tigers Batting Stats
- The Tigers are last in MLB play with 34 home runs.
- This season, the Tigers are slugging .323, the lowest average in baseball.
- Detroit ranks 27th in the majors with a .223 batting average.
- The Tigers are the lowest scoring team in MLB action averaging 2.8 runs per game (183 total).
- Detroit ranks 29th in baseball with a .278 on-base percentage.
- The Tigers’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 17th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).