At Globe Life Field on Thursday, the Tampa Bay Rays (29-21) take on the Texas Rangers (24-25), with first pitch at 2:05 PM ET.
The Rangers (+104 underdog moneyline odds) host the Rays (-123). The Rays will start Corey Kluber (1-2) versus the Rangers and Taylor Hearn (3-3).
The Rays defeated the Rangers 4-3 yesterday, with Colin Poche getting the win (1.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 1 K) and Randy Arozarena leading the way offensively (going 1-for-5 with a home run and an RBI). Dennis Santana (2.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 0 K) took the loss for the Rangers.
To prepare for the Rays vs. Rangers matchup, here’s everything you need to prepare for Thursday’s baseball action.
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Texas Rangers Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Rays (-123, bet $123 to win $100)
- Underdog: Rangers (+104, bet $100 to win $104)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Rays Stats and Trends
Rays Betting Records
- The Rays have entered the game as favorites 37 times this season and won 23, or 62.2%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has entered 35 games this season favored by -123 or more and is 22-13 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Rays have a 55.2% chance to win.
- So far this season, Tampa Bay and its opponents have hit the over in 22 of their 50 games with a total.
- In 50 games with a spread this season, the Rays are 23-27-0 ATS.
Corey Kluber (Rays Probable Starter)
- The Rays will hand the ball to Kluber (1-2) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in six innings against the New York Yankees.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 4.03, a 5.25 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.187 in nine games this season.
- He has earned a quality start four times in nine starts this season.
- Kluber has started nine games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings six times. He averages 4.3 innings per appearance.
- The Rangers rank 20th in MLB with a .233 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 19th in the league (.380) and 57 home runs.
Rays Batting Stats
- The Rays rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 49 home runs.
- Hitters for the Rays combine for a team rank 21st of in the majors with a .374 team slugging percentage.
- Tampa Bay has a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Rays have scored 207 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- Tampa Bay has an on-base percentage of .292 this season, which ranks 27th in the league.
- The Rays rank 20th with an average of 8.6 strikeouts per game.
Rangers Stats and Trends
Rangers Betting Records
- The Rangers have come away with 18 wins in the 36 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Texas has come away with a win 15 times in 28 chances when named as an underdog of at least +104 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rangers have a 49% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Texas and their opponents have hit the over in 21 of their 49 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 49 games with a line this season, the Rangers have a mark of 31-18-0 against the spread.
Taylor Hearn (Rangers Probable Starter)
- The Rangers will send Hearn (3-3) out to make his 10th start of the season. He is 3-3 with a 5.36 ERA and 38 strikeouts through 40 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Saturday against the Oakland Athletics, the lefty threw six innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 27-year-old has put together a 5.36 ERA and 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings during nine games this season, while allowing a batting average of .285 to his opponents.
- Hearn has registered one quality start this year.
- Hearn has put up four starts this campaign where he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Rays offense has the 21st-ranked slugging percentage (.374) and ranks 16th in home runs hit (49) in all of MLB. They have a collective .230 batting average, and are 24th in the league with 383 total hits and 17th in MLB action scoring 207 runs.
Rangers Batting Stats
- The Rangers rank 10th in baseball with 57 total home runs.
- This season, the Rangers’ .380 slugging percentage is 19th in the league.
- Texas’ .233 batting average ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Rangers score the 13th-most runs in baseball (214 total, 4.4 per game).
- Texas is 26th in the league with an on-base percentage of .296.
- The Rangers strike out 8.4 times per game to rank 13th in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).