On Sunday, the Tampa Bay Rays (36-29) are visiting the Baltimore Orioles (29-38), at 1:35 PM ET, in the final game of a three-game series.
The Rays are favored away from home (-141) versus the Orioles (+121). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Tampa Bay Rays looking to Corey Kluber (3-3), and Jordan Lyles (4-5) getting the nod for the Baltimore Orioles.
The Rays beat the Orioles 7-6 yesterday, with Calvin Faucher getting the win (1 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 0 K) and Yandy Diaz leading the way offensively (going 3-for-4 with a double). Dillon Tate (1 IP, 1 R, 1 H, 2 K) took the loss for the Orioles.
Get ready for the Rays vs. Orioles with what you need to know before Sunday’s baseball action.
Tampa Bay Rays vs. Baltimore Orioles Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Rays (-141, bet $141 to win $100)
- Underdog: Orioles (+121, bet $100 to win $121)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Rays Stats and Trends
Rays Betting Records
- The Rays have entered the game as favorites 48 times this season and won 30, or 62.5%, of those games.
- Tampa Bay has a record of 18-11 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -141 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 58.5% chance of a victory for the Rays.
- Games involving Tampa Bay have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 29 of 65 chances this season.
- The Rays are 30-35-0 against the spread this season.
Corey Kluber (Rays Probable Starter)
- Kluber (3-3) will take to the mound for the Rays and make his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up no earned runs in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the New York Yankees.
- The 36-year-old has an ERA of 3.50, a 5.4 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.119 in 12 games this season.
- In 12 starts this season, he’s earned six quality starts.
- Kluber will look to finish five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Orioles have scored 276 runs this season, which ranks 21st in MLB. They have 525 hits, 16th in baseball, with 67 home runs (15th in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Orioles to go 8-for-30 with two doubles and two RBI in 7 2/3 innings this season.
Rays Batting Stats
- The Rays rank 21st in Major League Baseball with 60 home runs.
- Hitters for the Rays combine to rank 26th in MLB with a team slugging percentage of just .372 this season.
- Tampa Bay has a team batting average of .232 this season, which ranks 25th among MLB teams.
- The Rays have scored the 24th-most runs in the league this season with 266 (4.1 per game).
- Tampa Bay is among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .295.
- The Rays rank 18th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
Orioles Stats and Trends
Orioles Betting Records
- The Orioles have been victorious in 26, or 41.3%, of the 63 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Baltimore has a win-loss record of 19-27 when favored by +121 or worse by sportsbooks this year.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Orioles have a 45.2% chance of pulling out a win.
- Baltimore and their opponents have gone over in 32 of their 68 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Orioles are 42-26-0 against the spread in their 68 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Jordan Lyles (Orioles Probable Starter)
- Lyles gets the start for the Orioles, his 14th of the season. He is 4-5 with a 5.23 ERA and 62 strikeouts in 72 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s last appearance came on Tuesday against the Toronto Blue Jays, when he went 5 1/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up five hits.
- The 31-year-old has put up a 5.23 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings across 13 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .296 to opposing batters.
- Lyles has four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Lyles is looking for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per start.
- The opposing Rays offense has the 26th-ranked slugging percentage (.372) and ranks 21st in home runs hit (60) in all of MLB. They have a collective .232 batting average, and are 26th in the league with 502 total hits and 24th in MLB play scoring 266 runs.
- Lyles has thrown five innings, giving up five earned runs on seven hits while striking out two against the Rays this season.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 31-year-old’s 5.23 ERA ranks 59th, 1.521 WHIP ranks 61st, and 7.7 K/9 ranks 43rd.
Orioles Batting Stats
- The Orioles average one home run per game to rank 15th in MLB play with 67 total home runs .
- This season, the Orioles are 22nd in baseball with a .378 slugging percentage.
- Baltimore’s .231 batting average ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Orioles score the 21st-most runs in baseball (276 total, 4.1 per game).
- Baltimore’s .300 on-base percentage is 24th in baseball.
- The Orioles’ nine strikeouts per game are the third-most in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).