At Busch Stadium on Wednesday, the Pittsburgh Pirates face the St. Louis Cardinals (three consecutive wins) at 7:45 PM ET.
The Cardinals are favored at home (-166) against the Pirates (+143). The Cardinals will give the ball to Jack Flaherty against the Pirates and Roansy Contreras (1-1).
Miles Mikolas (8.2 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 6 K) registered the win in the Cardinals’ 9-1 victory over the Pirates yesterday. Paul Goldschmidt led the way offensively, going 4-for-4 with two home runs and five RBI. Bryse Wilson (5.0 IP, 7 R, 10 H, 3 K) took the loss for the Pirates.
Here’s what you need to prepare for Wednesday’s Cardinals vs. Pirates contest.
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Cardinals (-166, bet $166 to win $100)
- Underdog: Pirates (+143, bet $100 to win $143)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Cardinals Stats and Trends
Cardinals Betting Records
- The Cardinals have been favorites in 34 games this season and won 23 (67.6%) of those contests.
- This season, St. Louis has won nine of its 13 games, or 69.2%, when favored by at least -166 on the moneyline.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cardinals have a 62.4% chance to win.
- Games involving St. Louis have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 32 of 65 chances this season.
- The Cardinals have an ATS record of 36-28-0 in 64 games with a spread this season.
Jack Flaherty (Cardinals Probable Starter)
- Flaherty has been named the starter for the Cardinals and will make his first start this season.
- The 26-year-old right-hander will make his season debut.
- The Pirates rank 27th in MLB with a .221 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 28th in the league (.352) and 54 home runs.
Cardinals Batting Stats
- The Cardinals have hit 65 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The offense for the Cardinals has a slugging percentage of .398 this season, 12th in MLB.
- St. Louis ranks sixth in MLB with a .254 team batting average.
- The Cardinals have scored the fourth-most runs in the league this season with 307.
- St. Louis has an on-base percentage of .322 this season, which ranks sixth in the league.
- The Cardinals rank sixth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.3 whiffs per contest.
Pirates Stats and Trends
Pirates Betting Records
- The Pirates have been underdogs in 47 games this season and have come away with the win 17 times (36.2%) in those contests.
- This season, Pittsburgh has been victorious eight times in 27 chances when named as an underdog of at least +143 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Pirates have an implied victory probability of 41.2% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 24 of their 61 opportunities.
- The Pirates are 26-35-0 against the spread in their 61 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Roansy Contreras (Pirates Probable Starter)
- Contreras (1-1 with a 2.57 ERA and 33 strikeouts in 28 innings pitched) makes the start for the Pirates, his fifth of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Friday, the righty tossed 4 2/3 innings against the Atlanta Braves, allowing three earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 22-year-old has an ERA of 2.57, with 10.6 strikeouts per nine innings in seven games this season. Opponents are hitting .224 against him.
- Contreras is trying to pick up his fourth start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- He will face off against a Cardinals offense that ranks second in the league with 557 total hits (on a .254 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .398 (12th in the league) with 65 total home runs (15th in MLB play).
- Contreras has pitched 1 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs on two hits against the Cardinals this season.
Pirates Batting Stats
- The Pirates rank 22nd in MLB play with 54 total home runs.
- This season, the Pirates’ .352 slugging percentage is the third-lowest average in baseball.
- Pittsburgh is 27th in the league with a .221 batting average.
- The Pirates are the second-lowest scoring team in MLB play averaging 3.4 runs per game (206 total).
- Pittsburgh ranks 28th in the league with an on-base percentage of .290.
- The Pirates strike out 9.1 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Cardinals vs. Pirates: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
- Game Time: 7:45 PM ET
- Stadium: Busch Stadium
- TV Channel: ATT Sportsnet Pittsburgh
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).