On Saturday, the St. Louis Cardinals (30-22) are visiting the Chicago Cubs (22-30), at 1:20 PM ET, in the third game of a five-game set.
As the favorite, the Cardinals (-120 on the moneyline to win) play at the Cubs (+100). The Cubs will hand the ball to Matt Swarmer, but the Cardinals’ starting pitcher has not been announced for this game.
Miles Mikolas (5.0 IP, 4 R, 8 H, 4 K) earned the win in the Cardinals’ 14-5 victory over the Cubs yesterday. Paul Goldschmidt led the way offensively, going 1-for-3 with a home run and three RBI. Marcus Stroman (4.0 IP, 9 R, 10 H, 7 K) took the loss for the Cubs.
Prepare for the Cardinals vs. Cubs with what you need to know before Saturday’s game.
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Cardinals (-120, bet $120 to win $100)
- Underdog: Cubs (+100, bet $100 to win $100)
- Over/under: 9.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Cardinals Stats and Trends
Cardinals Betting Records
- The Cardinals have won 16, or 61.5%, of the 26 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- This season, St. Louis has won 14 of its 21 games, or 66.7%, when favored by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 54.5% chance of a victory for the Cardinals.
- St. Louis’ games have gone over the total in 26 of their 53 chances.
- The Cardinals are 29-23-0 ATS in their 52 games with a spread this season.
Cardinals Batting Stats
- The Cardinals rank 14th in Major League Baseball with 54 home runs.
- Fueled by 150 extra-base hits, the Cardinals rank eighth in MLB with a .404 slugging percentage this season.
- St. Louis has a team batting average of .255 this season, which ranks fourth among MLB teams.
- The Cardinals are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fourth with 256 total runs this season.
- St. Louis has an on-base percentage of .323 this season, which ranks fifth in the league.
- The Cardinals rank third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.2 whiffs per contest.
Cubs Stats and Trends
Cubs Betting Records
- The Cubs have been victorious in 16, or 44.4%, of the 36 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has a mark of 14-18 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by +100 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 50% chance of walking away with the win.
- Chicago’s games have gone over the total in 27 of their 52 opportunities.
- The Cubs have posted a record of 29-23-0 against the spread this season.
Matt Swarmer (Cubs Probable Starter)
- Swarmer starts for the first time this season for the Cubs.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 28-year-old right-hander, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Cardinals have scored 256 total runs this season, making them MLB’s fourth-ranked scoring offense so far this season. As a team they have a .255 batting average while hitting 54 home runs (14th in the league).
Cubs Batting Stats
- The Cubs average 1.0 home run per game to rank 14th in MLB play with 54 total home runs .
- So far this year, the Cubs are 16th in baseball, slugging .392.
- Chicago’s .240 batting average ranks 15th in the league.
- Averaging 4.5 runs per game (232 total), the Cubs are the 12th-highest scoring team in MLB action.
- Chicago’s .320 on-base percentage is eighth-best in the league.
- The Cubs strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 23rd in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Cardinals vs. Cubs: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Saturday, June 4, 2022
- Game Time: 1:20 PM ET
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV Channel: Marquee Sports Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch Here!)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).