At Wrigley Field on Friday, the Chicago Cubs (three straight victories) face the St. Louis Cardinals at 2:20 PM ET.
The Cardinals are favored (-110) in a projected tight game against the Cubs (-109). The starting pitchers are Miles Mikolas (3-3) for the St. Louis Cardinals, and Marcus Stroman (2-4) for the Chicago Cubs.
Yesterday, the Cubs claimed a 7-5 win over the Cardinals, with Keegan Thompson (5.1 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 3 K) earning the win for the Cubs. Frank Schwindel went 3-for-4 with a double, a home run and two RBI to lead the offensive showing. Matthew Liberatore (3.1 IP, 4 R, 6 H, 1 K) was handed the loss for the Cardinals.
Here is everything you need to get ready for Friday’s Cardinals vs. Cubs action.
St. Louis Cardinals vs. Chicago Cubs Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Cardinals (-110, bet $110 to win $100)
- Underdog: Cubs (-109, bet $109 to win $100)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Cardinals Stats and Trends
Cardinals Betting Records
- The Cardinals have entered the game as favorites 26 times this season and won 16, or 61.5%, of those games.
- This season, St. Louis has won 16 of its 26 games, or 61.5%, when favored by at least -110 on the moneyline.
- The Cardinals have a 52.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, St. Louis and its opponents have hit the over in 25 of their 52 games with a total.
- The Cardinals are 28-23-0 against the spread in their 51 chances this season.
Miles Mikolas (Cardinals Probable Starter)
- The Cardinals will send Mikolas (3-3) to the mound for his 11th start this season.
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs in 5 2/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the Milwaukee Brewers.
- The 33-year-old has pitched to a 2.67 ERA this season with 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.8 walks per nine across 10 games.
- He has earned a quality start six times in 10 starts this season.
- Mikolas has nine starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Cubs have scored 227 runs this season, which ranks 11th in MLB. They are batting .239 for the campaign with 53 home runs, 12th in the league.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 33-year-old’s 2.67 ERA ranks 20th, 1.055 WHIP ranks 20th, and 7.0 K/9 ranks 44th.
Cardinals Batting Stats
- The Cardinals rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 49 home runs.
- The offense for the Cardinals has a slugging percentage of .395 this season, 14th in MLB.
- St. Louis ranks fifth in MLB with a .252 team batting average.
- The Cardinals are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking sixth with 242 total runs this season.
- St. Louis has an on-base percentage of .321 this season, which ranks fifth in the league.
- The Cardinals are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking third with an average of 7.2 strikeouts per game.
Cubs Stats and Trends
Cubs Betting Records
- The Cubs have won in 16, or 44.4%, of the 36 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- This season, Chicago has come away with a win 15 times in 35 chances when named as an underdog of at least -109 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Cubs have a 52.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Chicago and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 26 of their 51 opportunities.
- The Cubs are 29-22-0 against the spread in their 51 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Marcus Stroman (Cubs Probable Starter)
- Stroman (2-4 with a 3.95 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 43 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Cubs, his ninth of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Sunday, the right-hander went seven scoreless innings against the Chicago White Sox while surrendering three hits.
- The 31-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.95, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opponents are batting .221 against him.
- Stroman has three quality starts under his belt this season.
- Stroman is trying for his sixth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per start.
- The opposing Cardinals offense has the 14th-ranked slugging percentage (.395) and ranks 16th in home runs hit (49) in all of MLB. They have a collective .252 batting average, and are fifth in the league with 436 total hits and sixth in MLB play scoring 242 runs.
Cubs Batting Stats
- The Cubs average 1.0 home run per game to rank 12th in MLB play with 53 total home runs .
- So far this year, the Cubs are 15th in the league with a .392 slugging percentage.
- Chicago has the 17th-ranked batting average in the league (.239).
- The Cubs score the 11th-most runs in baseball (227 total, 4.5 per game).
- Chicago’s .319 on-base percentage is eighth-best in the league.
- The Cubs strike out 8.8 times per game to rank 23rd in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Cardinals vs. Cubs: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Friday, June 3, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch Here!)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).