On Tuesday, a matchup of AL West rivals is on the schedule, with the Oakland Athletics (23-45) hosting the Seattle Mariners (29-39) at 9:40 PM ET.
The Athletics (+125 underdog on the moneyline) take the field at home against the Mariners (-145). The Seattle Mariners will give the start to Marco Gonzales (3-7, 3.41 ERA), who is looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Athletics will counter with James Kaprielian (0-4, 6.31 ERA).
The Mariners’ matchup Tuesday versus the Angels ended in a 4-0 loss. Logan Gilbert threw six innings, giving up two earned runs on four hits while striking out six en route to taking the loss.
The Athletics picked up a 4-0 victory against the Royals Tuesday. Sean Murphy (3-for-4 with a double, a home run and three RBI) led the way offensively, while Jared Koenig got the win on the mound after going 5 2/3 innings without giving up an earned run on two hits.
Prepare for the Mariners vs. Athletics with what you need to know ahead of Tuesday’s game.
Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland Athletics Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Mariners (-145, bet $145 to win $100)
- Underdog: Athletics (+125, bet $100 to win $125)
- Over/under: 7
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mariners Stats and Trends
Mariners Betting Records
- This season, the Mariners have won 13 out of the 23 games, or 56.5%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Seattle has a record of 5-6 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -145 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 59.2% chance of a victory for the Mariners.
- Seattle and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 32 of their 68 opportunities.
- In 68 games with a spread this season, the Mariners are 33-35-0 ATS.
Marco Gonzales (Mariners Probable Starter)
- The Mariners’ Gonzales (3-7) will make his 14th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Wednesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Minnesota Twins.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.41 and 5.2 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .244 in 13 games this season.
- In 13 starts this season, he’s earned seven quality starts.
- In 13 starts, Gonzales has pitched through or past the fifth inning nine times. He has a season average of 5.1 frames per outing.
- The Athletics rank 29th in MLB with 217 runs scored this season. They have a .209 batting average this campaign with 48 home runs (27th in the league).
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Athletics in one game, and they have gone 8-for-23 with a double, a home run and five RBI over 5 1/3 innings.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 30-year-old’s 3.41 ERA ranks 35th, 1.311 WHIP ranks 53rd, and 5.2 K/9 ranks 63rd.
Mariners Batting Stats
- The Mariners rank 15th in Major League Baseball with 69 home runs.
- Hitters for the Mariners combine for a team rank 25th of in the majors with a .374 team slugging percentage.
- Seattle ranks 25th in MLB with a .231 team batting average.
- The Mariners are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking 26th with just 264 total runs (3.9 per game) this season.
- Seattle has the 14th-best on-base percentage in MLB this season (.315).
- The Mariners rank 21st with an average of 8.5 strikeouts per game.
Athletics Stats and Trends
Athletics Betting Records
- The Athletics have been chosen as underdogs in 54 games this year and have walked away with the win 18 times (33.3%) in those games.
- This year, Oakland has won 11 of 38 games when listed as at least +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Athletics have a 44.4% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 29 of their 68 opportunities.
- The Athletics have an against the spread record of 30-38-0 in 68 games with a line this season.
James Kaprielian (Athletics Probable Starter)
- Kaprielian (0-4 with a 6.31 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 41 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Athletics, his 10th of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Wednesday against the Boston Red Sox, the right-hander threw 3 2/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 28-year-old has amassed a 6.31 ERA and 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings during nine games this season, while allowing a batting average of .265 to opposing hitters.
- Kaprielian has yet to record a quality start this season.
- Kaprielian heads into this game with six outings of five or more innings pitched this year.
- He will take the hill against a Mariners offense that ranks 18th in the league with 526 total hits (on a .231 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .374 (25th in the league) with 69 total home runs (15th in MLB action).
- Kaprielian has thrown five innings, giving up five earned runs on seven hits while striking out three against the Mariners this season.
Athletics Batting Stats
- The Athletics have hit 48 home runs this season, the fourth-lowest total in MLB play.
- So far this year, the Athletics have the second-lowest slugging percentage in the league (.330).
- Oakland’s .209 batting average ranks last in the majors.
- The Athletics score the second-fewest runs in baseball (217 total, 3.2 per game).
- Oakland ranks last in baseball with a .273 on-base percentage.
- The Athletics strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 20 average in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mariners vs. Athletics: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 21, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
- TV Channel: ROOT SPORTS Northwest
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).