The Pittsburgh Pirates will host the San Francisco Giants in the first game of the season, Saturday at 4:05 PM ET.
The Giants are favored (-181 moneyline odds) when they take on the Pirates (+158). The Giants will give the ball to Alex Wood against the Pirates and Jose Quintana.
Prepare for the Giants vs. Pirates with everything you need to know ahead of Saturday’s baseball action.
San Francisco Giants vs. Pittsburgh Pirates Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Giants (-181, bet $181 to win $100)
- Underdog: Pirates (+158, bet $100 to win $158)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Giants Stats and Trends
Giants Betting Records
- The Giants were favorites in 98 games last season and won 70 (71.4%) of those contests.
- Last season, San Francisco won 25 of its 33 games, or 75.8%, when favored by at least -181 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Giants, based on the moneyline, is 64.4%.
- San Francisco’s games went over the total in 74 of their 164 chances last season.
- The Giants were 74-46-0 ATS in their 120 games with a spread last season.
Alex Wood (Giants Probable Starter)
- Wood (4-5) will take the mound for the Giants, his 13th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Tuesday, when he tossed 6 2/3 innings while giving up two earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Kansas City Royals.
- The 31-year-old has pitched in 12 games this season with an ERA of 4.11, a 3.75 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.288.
- He’s looking to extend his two-game quality start streak.
- Wood has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
Giants Batting Stats
- The Giants hit 241 homers last season, which ranked second in the league.
- With a .440 team slugging percentage, the Giants ranked fourth in the majors last season.
- Batting .249 last season ranked the Giants sixth in MLB.
- The Giants were among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking sixth with 804 total runs last season.
- With an OBP of .329 last season, the Giants ranked sixth in baseball.
- The Giants ranked 22nd with an average of nine strikeouts per game.
Pirates Stats and Trends
Pirates Betting Records
- The Pirates won in 51, or 34.9%, of the 146 contests they were named as odds-on underdogs in last year.
- Pittsburgh had a mark of 21-38 in contests where sportsbooks set them as +158 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Pirates have a 38.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents went over the total last season in 76 of their 157 opportunities.
- The Pirates went 49-63-0 against the spread in their 112 games that had a posted line last season.
José Quintana (Pirates Probable Starter)
- Quintana (1-4) gets the starting nod for the Pirates in his 13th start of the season. He’s put together a 3.22 ERA in 58 2/3 innings pitched, with 50 strikeouts.
- The left-hander’s most recent time out came on Sunday against the Atlanta Braves, when he went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while giving up six hits.
- The 33-year-old has put up a 3.22 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings over 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .249 to opposing hitters.
- Quintana enters this matchup with two quality starts under his belt this season.
- Quintana is looking to collect his eighth start of five or more innings this season in this outing.
Pirates Batting Stats
- The Pirates hit the fewest home runs in MLB action last season (124).
- Last year, the Pirates slugged .364, the lowest average in baseball.
- Last season, the Pirates finished No. 25 in the league with a .236 batting average.
- Last season the Pirates scored the fewest runs in baseball (609 total, 3.8 per game).
- Last year the Pirates ranked 22nd in baseball with a .309 on-base percentage.
- Pirates hitters struck out 8.2 times per game, the sixth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Giants vs. Pirates: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Stadium: PNC Park
- TV Channel: ATT Sportsnet Pittsburgh
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).