The Colorado Rockies (27-37) will host the San Diego Padres (41-24), Friday at 8:40 PM ET, in a battle of NL West rivals.
The Rockies are an underdog at home (+125) against the Padres (-147). The Padres will give the ball to MacKenzie Gore (4-2) against the Rockies and Kyle Freeland (2-5).
The Padres were vicotrious 6-4 over the Cubs yesterday in their most recent game. Joe Musgrove was the winning pitcher after throwing seven innings, giving up two earned runs on five hits while striking out nine, while Nomar Mazara finished 2-for-3 with a double, a home run and two RBI to lead them offensively.
The Rockies were handed a 4-2 loss to the Guardians yesterday. Brian Serven (4-for-4 with a triple) led the way offensively, while Chad Kuhl took the loss on the mound after going five innings, giving up two earned runs on seven hits while striking out seven.
To prepare for the Padres vs. Rockies matchup, here is everything you need to prepare for Friday’s baseball action.
San Diego Padres vs. Colorado Rockies Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Padres (-147, bet $147 to win $100)
- Underdog: Rockies (+125, bet $100 to win $125)
- Over/under: 11.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Padres Stats and Trends
Padres Betting Records
- The Padres have entered the game as favorites 44 times this season and won 28, or 63.6%, of those games.
- San Diego has entered 22 games this season favored by -147 or more and is 16-6 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 59.5% chance of a victory for the Padres.
- San Diego and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 30 of their 66 opportunities.
- The Padres are 36-30-0 against the spread this season.
MacKenzie Gore (Padres Probable Starter)
- Gore (4-2) will take to the mound for the Padres and make his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Sunday, when he tossed 2 1/3 innings while giving up six earned runs on five hits in a matchup with the Colorado Rockies.
- The 23-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with a 2.50 ERA and 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .214.
- In nine starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in three of them.
- In nine starts, Gore has pitched through or past the fifth inning eight times. He has a season average of 5.0 frames per outing.
- The Rockies rank second in MLB with a .258 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 17th in the league (.389) and 54 home runs.
- The Rockies have gone 5-for-12 with a double and six RBI in one game against the left-hander this season.
Padres Batting Stats
- The Padres have hit 54 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The offense for the Padres has a slugging percentage of .378 this season, 22nd in MLB.
- San Diego’s .243 batting average ranks 14th in the league this season.
- The Padres are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fifth with 309 total runs this season.
- San Diego is among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking 10th with an OBP of .319.
- The Padres rank 21st with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
Rockies Stats and Trends
Rockies Betting Records
- The Rockies have been chosen as underdogs in 49 games this year and have walked away with the win 18 times (36.7%) in those games.
- This season, Colorado has been victorious 10 times in 30 chances when named as an underdog of at least +125 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Rockies have an implied victory probability of 44.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Colorado’s games have gone over the total in 33 of their 65 opportunities.
- In 65 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 31-34-0 against the spread.
Kyle Freeland (Rockies Probable Starter)
- Freeland (2-5 with a 4.39 ERA and 48 strikeouts in 65 2/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rockies, his 13th of the season.
- His last time out was on Sunday against the San Diego Padres, when the lefty tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up three hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed a 4.39 ERA and 6.6 strikeouts per nine innings during 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .271 to opposing hitters.
- Freeland is trying to build upon a second-game quality start streak in this game.
- Freeland is trying for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per start.
- He will face a Padres offense that is batting .243 as a unit (14th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .378 (22nd in the league) with 54 total home runs (23rd in MLB action).
- Head-to-head against the Padres this season, Freeland has thrown six innings, giving up two earned runs on three hits while striking out three.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 29-year-old ranks 50th in ERA (4.39), 55th in WHIP (1.416), and 52nd in K/9 (6.6).
Rockies Batting Stats
- The Rockies rank 23rd in baseball with 54 home runs. They average 0.8 per game.
- So far this season, the Rockies’ .389 slugging percentage is 17th in the league.
- Colorado is second in the majors with a .258 batting average.
- Averaging 4.4 runs per game (284 total), the Rockies are the 12th-highest scoring team in MLB action.
- Colorado ranks seventh in the league with a .321 on-base percentage.
- The Rockies strike out 8.0 times per game, the No. 12 average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Padres vs. Rockies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Friday, June 17, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Stadium: Coors Field
- TV Channel: ATT Sportsnet Rocky Mountain
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).