A series opener between the Pittsburgh Pirates (16-24) and Colorado Rockies (19-21) is on deck Monday at 6:35 PM ET, at PNC Park.
The Rockies are road favorites (+106) at the Pirates (-125). The Pirates will start JT Brubaker (0-4) against the Rockies and Chad Kuhl (3-2).
The Pirates lost 18-4 against the Cardinals yesterday, with Bryse Wilson taking the loss. He threw 1 2/3 innings, giving up seven earned runs on six hits while striking out two. Yoshitomo Tsutsugo went 1-for-2 with a home run and an RBI to lead the Pirates offensively.
The Rockies lost to the Mets yesterday, with Austin Gomber registering the loss while throwing seven innings, giving up two earned runs on seven hits while striking out two. Brendan Rodgers went 2-for-4 to pace the Rockies’ offense.
Prepare for the Pirates vs. Rockies with what you need to know before Monday’s baseball action.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs. Colorado Rockies Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Pirates (-125, bet $125 to win $100)
- Underdog: Rockies (+106, bet $100 to win $106)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Pirates Stats and Trends
Pirates Betting Records
- The Pirates have been favorites in seven games this season and won four (57.1%) of those contests.
- Pittsburgh has a record of 3-1 when favored by -125 or more by bookmakers this season.
- The implied probability of a win from the Pirates, based on the moneyline, is 55.6%.
- Pittsburgh and its opponents have hit the over in 16 of their 40 games with a total this season.
- In 40 games with a spread this season, the Pirates are 19-21-0 ATS.
JT Brubaker (Pirates Probable Starter)
- The Pirates’ Brubaker (0-4) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed six hits in 5 2/3 innings pitched against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday.
- The 28-year-old has pitched to a 5.50 ERA this season with 10.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.8 walks per nine across eight games.
- In eight starts this season, Brubaker has not yet earned a quality start.
- Brubaker has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Rockies have scored 190 runs this season, which ranks eighth in MLB. They have 357 hits, third in baseball, with 40 home runs (15th in the league).
Pirates Batting Stats
- The Pirates have hit 32 homers this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- Hitters for the Pirates combine to rank 26th in the majors with a .351 team slugging percentage.
- Pittsburgh ranks 24th in MLB with a .224 team batting average.
- The Pirates have scored 133 runs (just 3.3 per game) this season, which ranks 29th in MLB.
- Pittsburgh has an OBP of .294 this season, which ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Pirates rank 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
Rockies Stats and Trends
Rockies Betting Records
- The Rockies have been victorious in 11, or 40.7%, of the 27 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Colorado has come away with a win nine times in 22 chances when named as an underdog of at least +106 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 48.5% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Colorado and their opponents have gone over in 22 of their 40 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- In 40 games with a line this season, the Rockies have a mark of 18-22-0 against the spread.
Chad Kuhl (Rockies Probable Starter)
- Kuhl (3-2 with a 3.86 ERA and 30 strikeouts in 37 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Rockies, his eighth of the season.
- In his most recent outing on Wednesday against the San Francisco Giants, the right-hander threw three innings, giving up five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.86, with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings in seven games this season. Opposing batters have a .221 batting average against him.
- Kuhl heads into the matchup with four quality starts under his belt this year.
- Kuhl heads into this game with four outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He will match up with a Pirates offense that ranks 27th in the league with 291 total hits (on a .224 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .351 (26th in the league) with 32 total home runs (23rd in MLB play).
Rockies Batting Stats
- The Rockies rank 15th in MLB play with 40 home runs. They average 1.0 per game.
- This season, the Rockies rank seventh in baseball, slugging .410.
- Colorado has an MLB-high .263 batting average.
- The Rockies score the eighth-most runs in baseball (190 total, 4.8 per game).
- Colorado’s .328 on-base percentage is second-best in baseball.
- Rockies hitters strike out 7.8 times per game, the sixth-fewest strikeouts in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Pirates vs. Rockies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Monday, May 23, 2022
- Game Time: 6:35 PM ET
- Stadium: PNC Park
- TV Channel: ATT Sportsnet Pittsburgh
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).