In the season opener at Nationals Park, the Philadelphia Phillies meet the Washington Nationals Saturday at 4:35 PM ET.
The Nationals are an underdog at home (+177) versus the Phillies (-211). The Phillies will start Aaron Nola versus the Nationals and Josiah Gray.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Saturday’s Phillies vs. Nationals matchup.
Philadelphia Phillies vs. Washington Nationals Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Phillies (-211, bet $211 to win $100)
- Underdog: Nationals (+177, bet $100 to win $177)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies did not play a game as favorites last season.
- Philadelphia entered 12 games last season favored by -211 or more and was 8-4 in those contests.
- The oddsmakers’ moneyline implies a 67.8% chance of a victory for the Phillies.
- Philadelphia did not play in a game last season with a total set by bookmakers.
- The Phillies did not play a game with a spread last season.
Aaron Nola (Phillies Probable Starter)
- Nola (4-4) will take to the mound for the Phillies and make his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up two earned runs in 7 2/3 innings pitched on Monday in his last outing, a matchup with the Miami Marlins.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 3.42 ERA this season with 10.0 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.1 walks per nine across 13 games.
- He’s going for his third straight quality start.
- Nola has 11 starts in a row of five innings or more.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 29-year-old’s 3.42 ERA ranks 35th, .882 WHIP ranks fourth, and 10.0 K/9 ranks eighth.
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies’ 198 home runs ranked 15th in Major League Baseball.
- Fueled by 484 extra-base hits, the Phillies ranked 14th in MLB with a .408 slugging percentage last season.
- There were just 12 teams in baseball with a lower batting average than the Phillies’ .240 batting average last season.
- Suggesting they deployed a middle-of-the-pack offense, the Phillies managed 734 runs (4.5 per game) last season.
- With a .318 on-base percentage, the Phillies ranked 13th in the majors last season.
- The Phillies ranked 16th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
Nationals Stats and Trends
Nationals Betting Records
- The Nationals did not play a game last season while named as the underdog.
- Last season, Washington came away with a win three times in 15 chances when named as an underdog of +177 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Nationals have an implied victory probability of 36.1% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Washington never played in a game with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Nationals did not play a game with a spread last season.
Josiah Gray (Nationals Probable Starter)
- Gray gets the start for the Nationals, his 13th of the season. He is 6-4 with a 4.33 ERA and 69 strikeouts in 62 1/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander’s most recent appearance was on Wednesday, June 8 against the Miami Marlins, when he went 5 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up six hits.
- Over 12 games this season, the 24-year-old has a 4.33 ERA and 10.0 strikeouts per nine innings, while allowing a batting average of .230 to opposing hitters.
- Gray is trying to collect his fourth quality start of the year in this game.
- Gray will look to build upon a four-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing).
Nationals Batting Stats
- The Nationals averaged 1.1 home runs per game to rank 21st in MLB action with 182 total home runs last season.
- Last year the Nationals’ .417 slugging percentage ranked 11th in baseball.
- One of the best batting averages in the game last season belonged to the Nationals (.258).
- Last season the Nationals had the No. 16 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (724 total runs).
- Last year the Nationals ranked second in baseball with a .337 on-base percentage.
- Nationals batters struck out 8.0 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Phillies vs. Nationals: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Saturday, June 18, 2022
- Game Time: 4:35 PM ET
- Stadium: Nationals Park
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).