The New York Yankees (38-15) will host the Detroit Tigers (21-32), Sunday at 11:35 AM ET, with the Yankees on a five-game winning run.
The Tigers are a big underdog away from home (+246) at the Yankees (-307). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Yankees looking to Jordan Montgomery (1-1), and Rony Garcia (0-1) taking the ball for the Detroit Tigers.
The Yankees took down the Tigers 3-0 yesterday, with Luis Severino getting the win (7.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 10 K) and Aaron Judge leading the way offensively (going 1-for-3 with a home run and an RBI). Beau Brieske (6.0 IP, 2 R, 3 H, 7 K) took the loss for the Tigers.
To prepare for this Yankees vs. Tigers matchup, here’s everything you need to get ready for Sunday’s MLB action.
New York Yankees vs. Detroit Tigers Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Yankees (-307, bet $307 to win $100)
- Underdog: Tigers (+246, bet $100 to win $246)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Yankees Stats and Trends
Yankees Betting Records
- The Yankees have entered the game as favorites 48 times this season and won 34, or 70.8%, of those games.
- New York has played as a favorite of -307 or more twice this season and won both games.
- The Yankees have a 75.4% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 22 of their 52 opportunities.
- The Yankees are 27-25-0 against the spread this season.
Jordan Montgomery (Yankees Probable Starter)
- The Yankees’ Montgomery (1-1) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed four hits in seven innings pitched against the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched in 10 games this season with an ERA of 3.04, a 4.556 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.013.
- He’s going for his third straight quality start.
- Montgomery has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Tigers rank 30th in MLB with 146 runs scored this season. They have a .218 batting average this campaign with 30 home runs (30th in the league).
- The left-hander has faced the Tigers one time this season, allowing them to go 3-for-21 with a double and an RBI in six innings.
- The 29-year-old’s 3.04 ERA ranks 25th, 1.013 WHIP ranks 18th, and 6.9 K/9 ranks 50th among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Yankees Batting Stats
- The Yankees lead Major League Baseball in home runs with 79.
- Fueled by 156 extra-base hits, the Yankees rank second in MLB with a .426 slugging percentage this season.
- New York ranks 10th in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Yankees have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 253.
- New York has an OBP of .320 this season, which ranks seventh in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 12th with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
Tigers Stats and Trends
Tigers Betting Records
- The Tigers have come away with 14 wins in the 39 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Detroit has been victorious one time in three chances when named as an underdog of at least +246 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 28.9% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Detroit and their opponents have hit the over in 16 of their 53 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Tigers have an against the spread record of 24-29-0 in 53 games with a line this season.
Rony García (Tigers Probable Starter)
- The Tigers will look to Garcia (0-1) to open the game and make his third start this season.
- In his most recent appearance on Tuesday, the right-hander tossed five innings against the Minnesota Twins, allowing six earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- Opposing hitters have compiled a batting average of only .200 against him this season. He has a 4.70 ERA and 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings over his 10 appearances.
- Garcia has pitched five or more innings in a game one time this year heading into this game.
- The opposing Yankees offense has the second-ranked slugging percentage (.426) and ranks first in home runs hit (79) in all of MLB. They have a collective .244 batting average, and are 14th in the league with 425 total hits and sixth in MLB play scoring 253 runs.
- In a third of an inning over one appearance against the Yankees this season, Garcia has a 27.00 ERA and a 3.000 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .000.
Tigers Batting Stats
- The Tigers have hit 30 home runs this season, the lowest total in MLB play.
- This season, the Tigers are slugging .317, the lowest average in baseball.
- Detroit’s .218 batting average ranks 28th in MLB.
- The offense for the Tigers is No. 30 in MLB action scoring 2.8 runs per game (146 total runs).
- Detroit is 29th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .278.
- The Tigers strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 19 mark in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).