The Chicago Cubs (23-33) will visit the New York Yankees (41-16), Friday at 7:05 PM ET, in the first of a three-game series.
The Cubs (+207 underdog on the moneyline) are away versus the Yankees (-252). The Yankees will start Luis Severino (4-1) versus the Cubs and Wade Miley.
The Yankees won their last game against the Twins yesterday by a 10-7 score. Joey Gallo went 2-for-5 with two home runs and three RBI to lead them offensively. Miguel Castro picked up the win on the strength of 1 1/3 innings without giving up a hit or an earned run while striking out one.
Friday, the Cubs lost to the Orioles 9-3. Keegan Thompson was the losing pitcher after he went three innings, giving up seven earned runs on five hits while striking out one. Christopher Morel led the Cubs’ offense, going 2-for-5 with a triple, a home run and two RBI.
Here’s what you need to prepare for Friday’s Yankees vs. Cubs game.
New York Yankees vs. Chicago Cubs Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Yankees (-252, bet $252 to win $100)
- Underdog: Cubs (+207, bet $100 to win $207)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Yankees Stats and Trends
Yankees Betting Records
- The Yankees have been favorites in 52 games this season and won 37 (71.2%) of those contests.
- New York has entered seven games this season favored by -252 or more and is 6-1 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 71.6% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- Games involving New York have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 25 of 56 chances this season.
- The Yankees have an ATS record of 29-27-0 in 56 games with a spread this season.
Luis Severino (Yankees Probable Starter)
- Severino (4-1) will take to the mound for the Yankees and make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed 7 2/3 innings without allowing a run on one hit in a matchup with the Detroit Tigers.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 2.95 and 10 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .204 in 10 games this season.
- He has started 10 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- Severino will look to finish five or more innings for the fifth start in a row.
- The Cubs have scored 248 runs this season, which ranks 15th in MLB. They are batting .244 for the campaign with 57 home runs, 15th in the league.
Yankees Batting Stats
- No team in MLB has hit more homers than the Yankees, who have connected on 87 this season.
- Fueled by 168 extra-base hits, the Yankees lead MLB with a .429 slugging percentage this season.
- New York ranks 11th in MLB with a .246 team batting average.
- The Yankees are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking fourth with 279 total runs this season.
- New York is among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .324.
- The Yankees are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 10th with an average of 8.1 strikeouts per game.
Cubs Stats and Trends
Cubs Betting Records
- The Cubs have been victorious in 16, or 42.1%, of the 38 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Chicago has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +207.
- The Cubs have an implied victory probability of 32.6% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Chicago and their opponents have hit the over in 29 of their 56 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Cubs are 30-26-0 against the spread in their 56 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Wade Miley (Cubs Probable Starter)
- Miley gets the call to start for the Cubs, his first of the season.
- It’s the season debut and his first appearance in more than a year for the 35-year-old southpaw.
- The Yankees have scored 279 total runs this season, making them MLB’s fourth-ranked scoring offense on the season so far. As a team they have a .246 batting average while hitting 87 home runs (first in the league).
Cubs Batting Stats
- The Cubs average one home run per game to rank 15th in MLB play with 57 total home runs .
- This season, the Cubs rank 13th in the league with a .397 slugging percentage.
- Chicago has the 13th-ranked batting average in the majors (.244).
- The Cubs score the 15th-most runs in baseball (248 total, 4.4 per game).
- Chicago’s .324 on-base percentage ranks third-best in baseball.
- The Cubs’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 21st in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Yankees vs. Cubs: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Friday, June 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Stadium: Yankee Stadium
- TV Channel: Marquee Sports Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).