At Yankee Stadium on Tuesday, the New York Yankees (three consecutive losses) meet the Baltimore Orioles at 7:05 PM ET.
The Yankees are a home favorite (-250) against the Orioles (+203). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Yankees looking to Jordan Montgomery (0-1), and Bruce Zimmermann (2-2) answering the bell for the Baltimore Orioles.
Yesterday, the Orioles claimed a 6-4 win over the Yankees, with Jordan Lyles (6.2 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 8 K) earning the win for the Orioles. Ramon Urias finished 3-for-4 with a double, a home run and an RBI to lead the offensive showing. Gerrit Cole (8.0 IP, 5 R, 7 H, 11 K) was handed the loss for the Yankees.
Get ready for the Yankees vs. Orioles with everything you need to know about Tuesday’s baseball action.
New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Yankees (-250, bet $250 to win $100)
- Underdog: Orioles (+203, bet $100 to win $203)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Yankees Stats and Trends
Yankees Betting Records
- This season, the Yankees have won 26 out of the 39 games, or 66.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York is 3-1 this season when entering a game favored by -250 or more on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 71.4% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 18 of their 41 opportunities.
- The Yankees are 20-21-0 ATS in their 41 games with a spread this season.
Jordan Montgomery (Yankees Probable Starter)
- The Yankees’ Montgomery (0-1) will make his ninth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up three earned runs and allowed seven hits in five innings pitched against the Baltimore Orioles on Thursday.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.35 and 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .243 in eight games this season.
- He has earned a quality start two times in eight starts this season.
- Montgomery has six starts of five or more innings this season in eight chances. He averages 5.0 innings per outing.
- The Orioles rank 24th in MLB with 153 runs scored this season. They have a .228 batting average this campaign with 33 home runs (24th in the league).
- The Orioles have gone 14-for-58 with three doubles, two home runs and five RBI in three games against the left-hander this season.
Yankees Batting Stats
- The Yankees have hit 59 homers to lead Major League Baseball this season.
- Hitters for the Yankees rank fourth in the majors with a combined .412 team slugging percentage.
- New York ranks 13th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Yankees have scored 199 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB.
- New York is among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking seventh with an OBP of .321.
- The Yankees rank 14th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
Orioles Stats and Trends
Orioles Betting Records
- The Orioles have been chosen as underdogs in 41 games this year and have walked away with the win 16 times (39%) in those games.
- This season, Baltimore has come away with a win two times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +203 or longer on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Orioles have a 33% chance of pulling out a win.
- Baltimore and their opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 44 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 44 games with a line this season, the Orioles have a mark of 26-18-0 against the spread.
Bruce Zimmermann (Orioles Probable Starter)
- Zimmermann (2-2 with a 2.83 ERA and 34 strikeouts in 41 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Orioles, his ninth of the season.
- The lefty’s most recent time out came on Thursday against the New York Yankees, when he tossed five innings, surrendering five earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has put together a 2.83 ERA and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings over eight games this season, while giving up a batting average of .260 to his opponents.
- Zimmermann is trying to record his fourth quality start of the season.
- Zimmermann will try to continue a five-game streak of pitching five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing).
- He will face a Yankees offense that ranks sixth in the league with 199 total runs scored while batting .239 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .412 slugging percentage (fourth in MLB action) and has hit a total of 59 home runs (first in the league).
- Zimmermann has thrown 14 1/3 innings, giving up five earned runs on 16 hits while striking out 13 against the Yankees this season.
Orioles Batting Stats
- The Orioles rank 24th in MLB play with 33 total home runs.
- So far this year, the Orioles are slugging .349, the third-lowest average in baseball.
- Baltimore’s .228 batting average ranks 23rd in MLB.
- The Orioles score the 24th-most runs in baseball (153 total, 3.6 per game).
- Baltimore is 20th in baseball with a .298 on-base percentage.
- The Orioles strike out 9.1 times per game, the fourth-worst average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).