On Thursday, the New York Yankees (28-9) are visiting the Baltimore Orioles (14-24), at 12:35 PM ET. The Yankees have taken four in a row.
The Yankees are a favorite (-210) against the Orioles (+176). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Yankees looking to Jordan Montgomery (0-1), and Bruce Zimmermann (2-2) answering the bell for the Baltimore Orioles.
The Yankees took down the Orioles 3-2 yesterday, with Gerrit Cole getting the win (7.0 IP, 2 R, 6 H, 5 K) and Gleyber Torres leading the way offensively (going 1-for-4 with a double and an RBI). Jordan Lyles (7.0 IP, 2 R, 5 H, 8 K) took the loss for the Orioles.
Here’s what you need to get ready for Thursday’s Yankees vs. Orioles contest.
New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Yankees (-210, bet $210 to win $100)
- Underdog: Orioles (+176, bet $100 to win $176)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Yankees Stats and Trends
Yankees Betting Records
- The Yankees have been favorites in 34 games this season and won 25 (73.5%) of those contests.
- New York is undefeated in 10 games this season when favored by -210 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 67.7% chance of a victory for the Yankees.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 15 of their 36 chances.
- In 36 games with a spread this season, the Yankees are 19-17-0 ATS.
Jordan Montgomery (Yankees Probable Starter)
- The Yankees will send Montgomery (0-1) to the mound for his eighth start this season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 1/3 innings pitched against the Chicago White Sox on Saturday.
- The 29-year-old has pitched to a 3.06 ERA this season with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.0 walks per nine across seven games.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in two of them.
- Montgomery has five starts of five or more innings this season in seven chances. He averages 5.0 innings per outing.
- The Orioles are batting .226 this season, 22nd in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .344 (28th in the league) with 28 home runs.
- This season, the left-hander has pitched against the Orioles in two games, and they have gone 7-for-37 with a double, a home run and two RBI over 10 2/3 innings.
Yankees Batting Stats
- The Yankees have hit 54 homers this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Fueled by 110 extra-base hits, the Yankees rank second in MLB with a .422 slugging percentage this season.
- New York ranks 11th in MLB with a .242 team batting average.
- The Yankees have scored 181 runs this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- New York has an OBP of .323 this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 13th with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
Orioles Stats and Trends
Orioles Betting Records
- The Orioles have come away with 12 wins in the 36 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Baltimore has come away with a win one times in eight chances when named as an underdog of at least +176 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 36.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Baltimore’s games have gone over the total in 11 of their 39 opportunities.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 22-17-0 against the spread this season.
Bruce Zimmermann (Orioles Probable Starter)
- The Orioles are sending Zimmermann (2-2) out to make his eighth start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 1.98 ERA and 32 strikeouts over 36 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Saturday against the Detroit Tigers, when the lefty tossed six innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing seven hits.
- The 27-year-old has amassed an ERA of 1.98, with 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings in seven games this season. Opponents are hitting .246 against him.
- Zimmermann is aiming for his third quality start in a row.
- Zimmermann is trying for his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 frames per start.
- The opposing Yankees offense has a collective .242 batting average, and is 12th in the league with 297 total hits and fourth in MLB play with 181 runs scored. They have the second-ranked slugging percentage (.422) and are third in all of MLB with 54 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Yankees this season, Zimmermann has pitched 9 1/3 innings without giving up an earned run on nine hits, while striking out 11.
Orioles Batting Stats
- The Orioles are 24th in MLB play with 28 home runs. They average 0.7 per game.
- So far this season, the Orioles’ .344 slugging percentage is the third-lowest average in baseball.
- Baltimore has the 22nd-ranked batting average in the league (.226).
- The offense for the Orioles is No. 28 in MLB action scoring 3.2 runs per game (122 total runs).
- Baltimore is 20th in the league with a .297 on-base percentage.
- The Orioles’ 9.1 strikeouts per game are the fifth-most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).