The New York Yankees (27-9) will visit the Baltimore Orioles (14-23), Wednesday at 7:05 PM ET, with the Yankees on a three-game winning run.
The Yankees are heavily favored on the road (-256) versus the Orioles (+210). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the New York Yankees looking to Gerrit Cole (3-0), and Jordan Lyles (2-3) taking the ball for the Baltimore Orioles.
Jameson Taillon (5.0 IP, 3 R, 6 H, 2 K) registered the win in the Yankees’ 5-4 victory over the Orioles yesterday. Aaron Judge led the way offensively, going 4-for-5 with a double, two home runs and three RBI. Dillon Tate (1.2 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 0 K) took the loss for the Orioles.
Before this Yankees vs. Orioles showdown, here’s everything you need to get ready for Wednesday’s MLB action.
New York Yankees vs. Baltimore Orioles Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Yankees (-256, bet $256 to win $100)
- Underdog: Orioles (+210, bet $100 to win $210)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Yankees Stats and Trends
Yankees Betting Records
- The Yankees have won 24, or 72.7%, of the 33 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York has played as a favorite of -256 or more once this season and won that game.
- The Yankees have a 71.9% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in 15 of their 35 games with a total.
- The Yankees are 19-16-0 against the spread in their 35 chances this season.
Gerrit Cole (Yankees Probable Starter)
- The Yankees will hand the ball to Cole (3-0) for his eighth start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up three earned runs and allowed six hits in 6 1/3 innings against the Chicago White Sox.
- The 31-year-old has pitched to a 2.95 ERA this season with 11.3 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.9 walks per nine across seven games.
- He’s going for his fifth straight quality start.
- Cole has pitched five or more innings in four straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Orioles have scored 120 runs this season, which ranks 28th in MLB. They are batting .226 for the campaign with 28 home runs, 23rd in the league.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 31-year-old ranks 22nd in ERA (2.95), 26th in WHIP (1.118), and fourth in K/9 (11.3).
Yankees Batting Stats
- The Yankees rank second in Major League Baseball with 54 home runs.
- Hitters for the Yankees lead the majors with a combined .427 team slugging percentage.
- New York ranks ninth in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Yankees have scored the fourth-most runs in the league this season with 178.
- New York has an OBP of .325 this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- The Yankees rank 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.3 whiffs per contest.
Orioles Stats and Trends
Orioles Betting Records
- The Orioles have won in 12, or 34.3%, of the 35 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Baltimore has been listed as an underdog of +210 or more on two occasions this season and split those games.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Orioles have a 32.3% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Baltimore and their opponents have hit the over in 11 of their 38 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Orioles have posted a record of 21-17-0 against the spread this season.
Jordan Lyles (Orioles Probable Starter)
- Lyles (2-3 with a 4.62 ERA and 32 strikeouts in 39 innings pitched) makes the start for the Orioles, his eighth of the season.
- His most recent time out was on Friday against the Detroit Tigers, when the righty went 5 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing six hits.
- The 31-year-old has a 4.62 ERA and 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings during seven games this season, while giving up a batting average of .294 to his opponents.
- Lyles is looking to record his third quality start of the year.
- Lyles will try to prolong a four-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 innings per outing).
- The opposing Yankees offense has a collective .244 batting average, and is 10th in the league with 291 total hits and fourth in MLB action with 178 runs scored. They have the first-ranked slugging percentage (.427) and are second in all of MLB with 54 home runs.
- Head-to-head against the Yankees this season, Lyles has thrown 10 innings, giving up seven earned runs on 13 hits while striking out seven.
- Among qualifying pitchers in MLB action this season, the 31-year-old ranks 48th in ERA (4.62), 54th in WHIP (1.513), and 37th in K/9 (7.4).
Orioles Batting Stats
- The Orioles average 0.8 home runs per game to rank 23rd in MLB action with 28 total home runs .
- This season, the Orioles are slugging .346, the fifth-lowest average in baseball.
- Baltimore has the 21st-ranked batting average in the league (.226).
- The offense for the Orioles is No. 28 in baseball scoring 3.2 runs per game (120 total runs).
- Baltimore’s .299 on-base percentage ranks 20th in baseball.
- The Orioles strike out 9.2 times per game, the fourth-worst mark in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).