The New York Mets (31-17) will host the Philadelphia Phillies (21-26), in the final game of a three-game series, Sunday at 7:08 PM ET.
Oddsmakers project the Mets as a close favorite (-115 moneyline odds) against the Phillies (-104). The New York Mets will give the start to Chris Bassitt (4-2, 3.38 ERA) looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Phillies will turn to Zack Wheeler (3-3, 3.38).
Taijuan Walker (5.0 IP, 2 R, 6 H, 1 K) picked up the win in the Mets’ 8-2 victory over the Phillies yesterday. Jeff McNeil led the way offensively, going 1-for-3 with a home run and three RBI. Zach Eflin (6.0 IP, 7 R, 8 H, 4 K) took the loss for the Phillies.
Ahead of watching this Mets vs. Phillies matchup, here is what you need to know about Sunday’s action on the diamond.
New York Mets vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Mets (-115, bet $115 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (-104, bet $104 to win $100)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mets Stats and Trends
Mets Betting Records
- The Mets have won 27, or 65.9%, of the 41 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- New York is 26-13 this season when entering a game favored by -115 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 53.5%.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 24 of their 50 games with a total this season.
- In 48 games with a spread this season, the Mets are 29-19-0 ATS.
Chris Bassitt (Mets Probable Starter)
- The Mets will send Bassitt (4-2) to the mound for his 10th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Wednesday, when he threw 4 1/3 innings against the San Francisco Giants, giving up eight earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- The 33-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 3.91, a 3.312 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.208.
- He has started nine games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in four of them.
- In nine starts, Bassitt has pitched through or past the fifth inning eight times. He has a season average of 5.3 frames per outing.
- The Phillies are batting .249 this season, eighth in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .407 (fourth in the league) with 52 home runs.
- This season, the right-hander has pitched against the Phillies in one game, and they have gone 5-for-23 with a double, a home run and an RBI over 5 2/3 innings.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this year, the 33-year-old ranks 36th in ERA (3.91), 32nd in WHIP (1.208), and 20th in K/9 (9.0).
Mets Batting Stats
- The Mets rank 20th in Major League Baseball with 41 home runs.
- Hitters for the Mets rank eighth in the majors with a combined .401 team slugging percentage.
- New York ranks second in MLB with a .262 team batting average.
- The Mets are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 238 total runs this season.
- New York has an OBP of .334 this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- The Mets are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking seventh with an average of 7.5 strikeouts per game.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have won in eight, or 38.1%, of the 21 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Philadelphia has a win-loss record of 8-12 when favored by -104 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Phillies have a 51% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Philadelphia have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 25 of 47 chances this season.
- The Phillies are 23-24-0 against the spread in their 47 games that had a posted line this season.
Zack Wheeler (Phillies Probable Starter)
- Wheeler (3-3 with a 3.38 ERA and 51 strikeouts in 45 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Phillies, his ninth of the season.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday, the right-hander went 6 2/3 innings against the Atlanta Braves, giving up two earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 31-year-old has an ERA of 3.38, with 10.1 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opponents are batting .246 against him.
- Wheeler is aiming to earn his third straight quality start in this game.
- Wheeler is looking for his seventh straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per start.
- He will face a Mets offense that ranks first in the league with 424 total hits (on a .262 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .401 (eighth in the league) with 41 total home runs (20th in MLB action).
- Wheeler has pitched 4 2/3 innings, giving up one earned run on two hits while striking out three against the Mets this season.
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies average 1.1 home runs per game to rank ninth in MLB play with 52 total home runs .
- So far this year, the Phillies are fourth in the league, slugging .407.
- Philadelphia is eighth in MLB with a .249 batting average.
- The Phillies are the eighth-highest scoring team in MLB play averaging 4.5 runs per game (212 total).
- Philadelphia ranks 14th in the league with a .313 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies’ 8.9 strikeouts per game rank 25th in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mets vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, May 29, 2022
- Game Time: 7:08 PM ET
- Stadium: Citi Field
- TV Channel: ESPN
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).