The New York Mets (40-22) will host the Milwaukee Brewers (34-28), Tuesday at 7:10 PM ET, in the first of a three-game series.
The Brewers are an underdog (+120 on the moneyline) when they visit the Mets (-140). The Mets will give the ball to Chris Bassitt (4-4) against the Brewers and Adrian Houser (3-6).
The Mets won 4-1 over the Angels Tuesday in their most recent game. Pete Alonso finished 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI to lead them offensively while Taijuan Walker was picked up the victory after throwing six innings, giving up one earned run on six hits while striking out 10.
The Brewers beat the Nationals 4-1 Tuesday. Willy Adames went 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and three RBI, and Hoby Milner got the win, pitching 1 1/3 innings without giving up an earned run on one hit, while striking out one.
Before this Mets vs. Brewers matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Tuesday’s MLB action.
New York Mets vs. Milwaukee Brewers Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Mets (-140, bet $140 to win $100)
- Underdog: Brewers (+120, bet $100 to win $120)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mets Stats and Trends
Mets Betting Records
- The Mets have been favorites in 46 games this season and won 31 (67.4%) of those contests.
- This season, New York has won 17 of its 23 games, or 73.9%, when favored by at least -140 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Mets, based on the moneyline, is 58.3%.
- New York and its opponents have hit the over in 32 of their 64 games with a total this season.
- The Mets are 38-24-0 ATS in their 62 games with a spread this season.
Chris Bassitt (Mets Probable Starter)
- The Mets will hand the ball to Bassitt (4-4) for his 13th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up six earned runs in 3 1/3 innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the San Diego Padres.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 4.35 and 9.7 strikeouts per nine innings, with a batting average against of .237 in 12 games this season.
- He has earned a quality start six times in 12 starts this season.
- In 12 starts this season, Bassitt has lasted five or more innings 10 times, with an average of 5.2 innings per appearance.
- The Brewers rank 25th in MLB with a .231 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 12th in the league (.398) and 80 home runs.
- The 33-year-old ranks 47th in ERA (4.35), 39th in WHIP (1.244), and 15th in K/9 (9.7) among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Mets Batting Stats
- The Mets have hit 59 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- Fueled by 170 extra-base hits, the Mets rank 10th in MLB with a .407 slugging percentage this season.
- No team has a better batting average than the .264 AVG New York has posted this season.
- The Mets have scored the most runs (316) in baseball so far this year.
- No team gets on base better than New York, who has a league-best .335 OBP this season.
- The Mets have shown patience at the plate this season with the eighth-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.5) among MLB offenses.
Brewers Stats and Trends
Brewers Betting Records
- The Brewers have been underdogs in nine games this season and have come away with the win five times (55.6%) in those contests.
- Milwaukee has a mark of 3-1 in contests where bookmakers favor them by +120 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Brewers have a 45.5% chance of walking away with the win.
- Milwaukee’s games have gone over the total in 30 of their 62 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 26-36-0 against the spread in their 62 games that had a posted line this season.
Adrian Houser (Brewers Probable Starter)
- Houser gets the start for the Brewers, his 12th of the season. He is 3-6 with a 3.92 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 57 1/3 innings pitched.
- His last appearance was on Thursday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when the right-hander threw 6 2/3 innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- In 11 games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.92, with 7.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .249 against him.
- Houser is looking to pick up his fifth quality start of the season.
- Houser will try to build upon a three-game streak of going five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.1 frames per outing).
- The opposing Mets offense has a collective .264 batting average, and is first in the league with 558 total hits and first in MLB play with 316 runs scored. They have the 10th-ranked slugging percentage (.407) and are 16th in all of MLB with 59 home runs.
Brewers Batting Stats
- The Brewers are third in baseball with 80 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- So far this season, the Brewers rank 12th in the league, slugging .398.
- Milwaukee’s .231 batting average ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Brewers score the 13th-most runs in baseball (267 total, 4.3 per game).
- Milwaukee is 21st in the league with a .305 on-base percentage.
- The Brewers’ 8.8 strikeouts per game are the fifth-most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mets vs. Brewers: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Tuesday, June 14, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Citi Field
- TV Channel: SportsNet NY
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).