At Citi Field on Monday, the Miami Marlins (29-35) take on the New York Mets (44-24), with first pitch at 1:10 PM ET.
The Mets are a home favorite (-148) against the Marlins (+127). The Mets will start David Peterson (3-1) versus the Marlins and Trevor Rogers (3-5).
These squads meet again after the Marlins’ 6-2 victory over the Mets yesterday. Sandy Alcantara (8.0 IP, 2 R, 6 H, 8 K) earned the win for the Marlins. Jerar Encarnacion went 1-for-4 with a home run and four RBI to lead the team on offense. Chris Bassitt (6.1 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 9 K) was credited with the loss on the mound for the Mets.
Prepare for the Mets vs. Marlins with what you need to know ahead of Monday’s baseball action.
New York Mets vs. Miami Marlins Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Mets (-148, bet $148 to win $100)
- Underdog: Marlins (+127, bet $100 to win $127)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Mets Stats and Trends
Mets Betting Records
- This season, the Mets have won 35 out of the 51 games, or 68.6%, in which they’ve been favored.
- New York has entered 24 games this season favored by -148 or more and is 19-5 in those contests.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Mets have a 59.7% chance to win.
- New York’s games have gone over the total in 36 of their 70 chances.
- In 68 games with a spread this season, the Mets are 40-28-0 ATS.
David Peterson (Mets Probable Starter)
- The Mets will hand the ball to Peterson (3-1) for his eighth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up four earned runs and allowed six hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Milwaukee Brewers on Wednesday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with a 3.60 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .228.
- He has one quality starts in seven chances this season.
- In seven starts, Peterson has pitched through or past the fifth inning three times. He has a season average of 4.1 frames per outing.
- The Marlins rank 16th in MLB with 288 runs scored this season. They have a .240 batting average this campaign with 71 home runs (13th in the league).
Mets Batting Stats
- The Mets have hit 64 homers this season, which ranks 18th in the league.
- Hitters for the Mets rank 10th in the majors with a combined .403 team slugging percentage.
- New York leads baseball with a .261 batting average.
- The Mets lead MLB with 342 runs scored this season.
- No team gets on base better than New York, who has a league-best .333 OBP this season.
- The Mets rank sixth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.5 whiffs per contest.
Marlins Stats and Trends
Marlins Betting Records
- The Marlins have been victorious in 13, or 35.1%, of the 37 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This season, Miami has come away with a win four times in 16 chances when named as an underdog of at least +127 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Marlins have an implied victory probability of 44.1% according to the moneyline set by oddsmakers for this matchup.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 33 of their 64 opportunities.
- In 64 games with a line this season, the Marlins have a mark of 34-30-0 against the spread.
Trevor Rogers (Marlins Probable Starter)
- The Marlins are sending Rogers (3-5) out to make his 13th start of the season. He is 3-5 with a 5.87 ERA and 46 strikeouts in 53 2/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent time out was on Tuesday against the Philadelphia Phillies, when he went 3 2/3 innings, surrendering four earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 24-year-old has a 5.87 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings over 12 games this season, while allowing a batting average of .279 to opposing batters.
- Rogers has recorded one quality start this season.
- Rogers has pitched five or more innings in a game seven times this season heading into this matchup.
- He will match up with a Mets offense that ranks second in the league with 599 total hits (on a .261 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .403 (10th in the league) with 64 total home runs (18th in MLB action).
Marlins Batting Stats
- The Marlins rank 13th in MLB play with 71 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- This season, the Marlins’ .394 slugging percentage ranks 15th in the league.
- Miami’s .240 batting average ranks 16th in MLB.
- The offense for the Marlins is the No. 16 offense in MLB action scoring 4.5 runs per game (288 total runs).
- Miami ranks 18th in the league with a .310 on-base percentage.
- The Marlins strike out 9.0 times per game, the No. 23 mark in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Mets vs. Marlins: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Monday, June 20, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Citi Field
- TV Channel: MLB Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).