The Minnesota Twins (36-28) and Seattle Mariners (28-34) will battle on Wednesday at T-Mobile Park, with first pitch at 4:10 PM ET.
The Twins are favored away from home (-136) versus the Mariners (+116). The Twins will give the ball to Sonny Gray against the Mariners and Marco Gonzales (3-6).
Yesterday, the Mariners claimed a 5-0 win over the Twins, with Logan Gilbert (6 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 6 K) registering the win for the Mariners. Eugenio Suarez went 1-for-4 with a home run and two RBI to lead the offensive attack. Joe Ryan (4.2 IP, 4 R, 5 H, 3 K) was handed the loss for the Twins.
Prepare for the Twins vs. Mariners with what you need to know about Wednesday’s baseball action.
Minnesota Twins vs. Seattle Mariners Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Twins (-136, bet $136 to win $100)
- Underdog: Mariners (+116, bet $100 to win $116)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Twins Stats and Trends
Twins Betting Records
- This season, the Twins have been favored 36 times and won 24, or 66.7%, of those games.
- This season, Minnesota has won 20 of its 29 games, or 69%, when favored by at least -136 on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Twins have a 57.6% chance to win.
- Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in 30 of their 64 games with a total this season.
- The Twins are 30-34-0 ATS in their 64 games with a spread this season.
Sonny Gray (Twins Probable Starter)
- The Twins will send out Gray for his first start of the season.
- This will be the first start of the season for the 32-year-old right-hander, who has not made an appearance on the mound in over a season.
- The Mariners rank 21st in MLB with a .236 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 19th in the league (.385) and 67 home runs.
Twins Batting Stats
- The Twins have hit 74 homers this season, which ranks ninth in the league.
- Hitters for the Twins rank seventh in the majors with a combined .408 team slugging percentage.
- Minnesota has a team batting average of .250 this season, which ranks ninth among MLB teams.
- The Twins are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking 10th with 281 total runs this season.
- Minnesota has an OBP of .324 this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- The Twins rank 22nd with an average of 8.4 strikeouts per game.
Mariners Stats and Trends
Mariners Betting Records
- The Mariners have been underdogs in 41 games this season and have come away with the win 16 times (39%) in those contests.
- This season, Seattle has come away with a win seven times in 21 chances when named as an underdog of at least +116 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Mariners have an implied victory probability of 46.3% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Seattle and their opponents have gone over in 31 of their 62 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Mariners are 32-30-0 against the spread in their 62 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Marco Gonzales (Mariners Probable Starter)
- Gonzales (3-6 with a 3.63 ERA and 38 strikeouts in 62 innings pitched) gets the start for the Mariners, his 13th of the season.
- His last time out was on Saturday against the Boston Red Sox, when the left-hander threw 4 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while allowing two hits.
- The 30-year-old has an ERA of 3.63, with 5.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 12 games this season. Opponents are batting .254 against him.
- Gonzales heads into this game with six quality starts under his belt this year.
- Gonzales heads into this game with eight outings of five or more innings pitched this campaign.
- He will match up with a Twins offense that ranks sixth in the league with 534 total hits (on a .250 batting average). The team also slugs a collective .408 (seventh in the league) with 74 total home runs (ninth in MLB action).
- Head-to-head against the Twins this season, Gonzales has thrown two innings, giving up two earned runs on six hits while striking out one.
- Among pitchers who qualify in MLB action this season, the 30-year-old ranks 40th in ERA (3.63), 55th in WHIP (1.371), and 59th in K/9 (5.5).
Mariners Batting Stats
- The Mariners rank 14th in MLB play with 67 total home runs.
- So far this year, the Mariners’ .385 slugging percentage ranks 19th in the league.
- Seattle’s .236 batting average ranks 21st in MLB.
- Averaging 4.1 runs per game (253 total), the Mariners are the 24th-highest scoring team in MLB action.
- Seattle’s .320 on-base percentage is ninth-best in the league.
- The Mariners strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).