At Target Field on Tuesday, the Detroit Tigers play the Minnesota Twins (five consecutive wins) at 7:40 PM ET.
The Twins are favored at home (-253) against the Tigers (+204). The Minnesota Twins will give the start to Sonny Gray (1-1, 5.13 ERA) looking for win No. 2 on the season, and the Tigers will turn to Beau Brieske (0-3, 5.13).
These clubs meet again after the Twins beat the Tigers 5-4 yesterday. Emilio Pagan registered the win for the Twins (2.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 4 K), and Max Kepler led the way offensively (1-for-3 with a home run and four RBI). Andrew Chafin (0.1 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 0 K) was credited with the loss for the Tigers.
Get ready for the Twins vs. Tigers with everything you need to know ahead of Tuesday’s game.
Minnesota Twins vs. Detroit Tigers Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Twins (-253, bet $253 to win $100)
- Underdog: Tigers (+204, bet $100 to win $204)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Twins Stats and Trends
Twins Betting Records
- The Twins have won 19, or 76%, of the 25 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Minnesota has not entered a game this season with shorter moneyline odds than -253.
- The Twins have a 71.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- So far this season, Minnesota and its opponents have hit the over in 18 of their 42 games with a total.
- The Twins are 20-22-0 against the spread this season.
Sonny Gray (Twins Probable Starter)
- The Twins’ Gray (1-1) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Wednesday, when he tossed six innings while giving up two earned runs on six hits in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to a 3.48 ERA this season with 10.9 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 3.9 walks per nine across five games.
- In five starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in one of them.
- In five starts, Gray has pitched through or past the fifth inning one time. He has a season average of 4.0 frames per outing.
- The Tigers have scored 114 runs this season, which ranks 30th in MLB. They are batting .220 for the campaign with 22 home runs, 30th in the league.
Twins Batting Stats
- The Twins rank 11th in Major League Baseball with 42 home runs.
- Hitters for the Twins rank 10th in the majors with a combined .392 team slugging percentage.
- Minnesota’s .243 batting average ranks 11th in the league this season.
- The Twins have scored 183 runs (4.4 per game) this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- Minnesota has an on-base percentage of .324 this season, which ranks fifth in the league.
- The Twins rank 15th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
Tigers Stats and Trends
Tigers Betting Records
- The Tigers have been chosen as underdogs in 29 games this year and have walked away with the win nine times (31%) in those games.
- This year, Detroit has won one of three games when listed as at least +204 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Tigers have an implied victory probability of 32.9% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Contests with Detroit have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 12 of 41 chances this season.
- The Tigers are 18-23-0 against the spread in their 41 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Beau Brieske (Tigers Probable Starter)
- Brieske (0-3 with a 5.13 ERA and 15 strikeouts in 26 1/3 innings pitched) gets the start for the Tigers, his sixth of the season.
- In his last time out on Tuesday against the Tampa Bay Rays, the righty threw 5 1/3 innings, giving up six earned runs while surrendering nine hits.
- In five games this season, the 24-year-old has an ERA of 5.13, with 5.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .235 against him.
- Brieske heads into the outing with one quality start under his belt this year.
- Brieske will aim to go five or more innings for his sixth straight appearance. He’s averaging 5.1 innings per outing.
- The opposing Twins offense has a collective .243 batting average, and is 10th in the league with 333 total hits and 11th in MLB action with 183 runs scored. They have the 10th-ranked slugging percentage (.392) and are 11th in all of MLB with 42 home runs.
Tigers Batting Stats
- The Tigers are last in MLB play with 22 home runs.
- This season, the Tigers have the second-lowest slugging percentage in the league (.317).
- Detroit is 27th in MLB with a .220 batting average.
- The Tigers score the fewest runs in baseball (114 total, 2.8 per game).
- Detroit ranks 29th in the league with a .282 on-base percentage.
- The Tigers strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 16 average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).