On Sunday, the San Diego Padres (32-21) are visiting the Milwaukee Brewers (33-22), at 2:10 PM ET, in the final game of a four-game set.
The favored Brewers (-130 moneyline odds to win) take the field at home against the Padres (+110). The scheduled starters are Eric Lauer (5-1) for the Milwaukee Brewers, and Mike Clevinger for the San Diego Padres.
MacKenzie Gore (6.0 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 10 K) earned a win in the Padres’ 4-0 victory over the Brewers yesterday. Jake Cronenworth led the way offensively, going 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and three RBI. Aaron Ashby (6.0 IP, 4 R, 6 H, 9 K) was handed the loss for the Brewers.
Before the Brewers vs. Padres matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Sunday’s baseball action.
Milwaukee Brewers vs. San Diego Padres Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Brewers (-130, bet $130 to win $100)
- Underdog: Padres (+110, bet $100 to win $110)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Brewers Stats and Trends
Brewers Betting Records
- The Brewers have won 28, or 59.6%, of the 47 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Milwaukee has entered 39 games this season favored by -130 or more and is 27-12 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Brewers have a 56.5% chance to win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 25 of their 55 opportunities.
- The Brewers are 25-30-0 against the spread in their 55 chances this season.
Eric Lauer (Brewers Probable Starter)
- Lauer (5-1) will take to the mound for the Brewers and make his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 4 2/3 innings pitched against the Chicago Cubs on Wednesday.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 2.49, a 4.067 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.086 in nine games this season.
- He has earned a quality start five times in nine starts this season.
- Lauer has made seven starts of five or more innings in nine chances this season, and averages 5.2 frames when he pitches.
- The Padres are batting .233 this season, 20th in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .357 (28th in the league) with 40 home runs.
Brewers Batting Stats
- The Brewers have hit 70 homers this season, which ranks second in the league.
- The offense for the Brewers has a slugging percentage of .399 this season, 12th in MLB.
- Milwaukee has a team batting average of .230 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The Brewers have scored 243 runs this season, which ranks ninth in MLB.
- Milwaukee has an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 18th in MLB.
- The Brewers rank 26th in strikeouts per game (8.9) among MLB offenses.
Padres Stats and Trends
Padres Betting Records
- The Padres have been victorious in 11, or 55%, of the 20 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This year, San Diego has won seven of 12 games when listed as at least +110 or worse on the moneyline.
- The Padres have an implied victory probability of 47.6% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- San Diego and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 23 of their 54 opportunities.
- The Padres have an against the spread mark of 28-26-0 in 54 games with a line this season.
Mike Clevinger (Padres Probable Starter)
- Clevinger will start for the Padres, his first this season.
- It’s the first appearance this season for the 31-year-old right-hander, and his first outing in more than a year.
- The Brewers rank ninth in runs scored in the league (243) this season and are batting .230 while hitting 70 home runs (second in the league).
Padres Batting Stats
- The Padres are fifth-worst in MLB action with 40 home runs.
- This season, the Padres have the third-lowest slugging percentage in the league (.357).
- San Diego’s .233 batting average ranks 20th in the league.
- The offense for the Padres is the No. 17 offense in MLB play scoring 4.2 runs per game (222 total runs).
- San Diego’s .312 on-base percentage ranks 16th in the league.
- The Padres’ 8.5 strikeouts per game rank 18th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).