At American Family Field on Thursday, the Philadelphia Phillies meet the Milwaukee Brewers (five straight losses) at 2:10 PM ET.
The favored Brewers (-168 on the moneyline to win) take the field at home against the Phillies (+144). The Brewers will give the ball to Corbin Burnes (3-3) against the Phillies and Zach Eflin (2-4).
Aaron Nola (8 IP, 0 R, 4 H, 6 K) earned a win in the Phillies’ 10-0 victory over the Brewers yesterday. Bryson Stott led the way offensively, going 4-for-4 with a double, a home run and two RBI. Adrian Houser (6 IP, 5 R, 7 H, 5 K) was handed the loss for the Brewers.
Ahead of the Brewers vs. Phillies matchup, here is what you need to prepare for Thursday’s baseball action.
Milwaukee Brewers vs. Philadelphia Phillies Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Brewers (-168, bet $168 to win $100)
- Underdog: Phillies (+144, bet $100 to win $144)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Brewers Stats and Trends
Brewers Betting Records
- This season, the Brewers have been favored 49 times and won 28, or 57.1%, of those games.
- Milwaukee is 13-7 this season when entering a game favored by -168 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Brewers, based on the moneyline, is 62.7%.
- Games involving Milwaukee have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 27 of 58 chances this season.
- The Brewers are 25-33-0 against the spread in their 58 chances this season.
Corbin Burnes (Brewers Probable Starter)
- Burnes (3-3) will take the mound for the Brewers, his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up five earned runs and allowed eight hits in 3 2/3 innings against the San Diego Padres.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 2.50 ERA this season with 11.1 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.7 walks per nine across 11 games.
- He has started 11 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in eight of them.
- Burnes has started 11 games this season, and he’s lasted five or more innings 10 times. He averages 6.1 innings per appearance.
- The Phillies have scored 269 runs this season, which ranks sixth in MLB. They are batting .248 for the campaign with 71 home runs, fifth in the league.
- The 27-year-old’s 2.50 ERA ranks 12th, .922 WHIP ranks seventh, and 11.1 K/9 ranks fifth among qualified pitchers in the majors this year.
Brewers Batting Stats
- The Brewers have hit 72 homers this season, which ranks fourth in the league.
- Fueled by 161 extra-base hits, the Brewers rank 16th in MLB with a .392 slugging percentage this season.
- Milwaukee’s .228 batting average ranks 25th in the league this season.
- The Brewers have scored the 13th-most runs in the league this season with 249 (4.3 per game).
- Milwaukee has an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 21st in MLB.
- The Brewers are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 27th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
Phillies Stats and Trends
Phillies Betting Records
- The Phillies have come away with nine wins in the 23 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Philadelphia has come away with a win two times in five chances when named as an underdog of at least +144 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Phillies have a 41% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Philadelphia’s games have gone over the total in 32 of their 56 opportunities.
- The Phillies are 29-27-0 against the spread in their 56 games that had a posted line this season.
Zach Eflin (Phillies Probable Starter)
- The Phillies are sending Eflin (2-4) to make his 10th start of the season. He is 2-4 with a 4.24 ERA and 45 strikeouts in 51 innings pitched.
- His most recent time out was on Friday against the Los Angeles Angels, when the righty went 8 2/3 scoreless innings while giving up five hits.
- The 28-year-old has put together a 4.24 ERA and 7.9 strikeouts per nine innings over nine games this season, while allowing a batting average of .253 to opposing batters.
- Eflin has registered four quality starts this year.
- Eflin is trying for his fifth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.2 innings per start.
- He will take the mound against a Brewers team that is batting .228 as a unit (25th in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .392 (16th in the league) with 72 total home runs (fourth in MLB play).
Phillies Batting Stats
- The Phillies are fifth in MLB play with 71 home runs. They average 1.3 per game.
- This season, the Phillies are fourth in baseball with a .420 slugging percentage.
- Philadelphia’s .248 batting average is eighth-best in the league.
- The Phillies score the sixth-most runs in baseball (269 total, 4.8 per game).
- Philadelphia ranks 14th in the league with a .315 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies’ 8.8 strikeouts per game rank 24th in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Brewers vs. Phillies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Thursday, June 9, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Stadium: American Family Field
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).