On Wednesday, the Miami Marlins (30-36) are hosting the Colorado Rockies (30-38), at 6:40 PM ET, in the second game of a three-game series.
The Rockies are an underdog (+164 moneyline odds to win) when they take on the Marlins (-193). The Miami Marlins will hand the ball to Pablo Lopez (4-3, 2.97 ERA), who is looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Rockies will turn to Chad Kuhl (4-4, 3.69 ERA).
The Marlins took down the Rockies 9-8 yesterday, with Steven Okert getting the win (1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K) and Avisail Garcia leading the way offensively (going 2-for-5 with a double, a home run and three RBI). Alex Colome (1.0 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 1 K) took the loss for the Rockies.
Get ready for the Marlins vs. Rockies with what you need to know ahead of Wednesday’s baseball action.
Miami Marlins vs. Colorado Rockies Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Marlins (-193, bet $193 to win $100)
- Underdog: Rockies (+164, bet $100 to win $164)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Marlins Stats and Trends
Marlins Betting Records
- This season, the Marlins have won 17 out of the 28 games, or 60.7%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Miami has played as a favorite of -193 or more twice this season and split those games.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Marlins have a 65.9% chance to win.
- Miami’s games have gone over the total in 34 of their 66 chances.
- In 66 games with a spread this season, the Marlins are 34-32-0 ATS.
Pablo López (Marlins Probable Starter)
- The Marlins will hand the ball to Lopez (4-3) for his 14th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 5 1/3 innings against the New York Mets, giving up six earned runs while allowing eight hits.
- The 26-year-old has an ERA of 2.97, a 3.85 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.070 in 13 games this season.
- He has started 13 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in five of them.
- Lopez has 10 starts of five or more innings this season in 13 chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- The Rockies are batting .263 this season, first in MLB. They have a team slugging percentage of .402 (10th in the league) with 63 home runs.
- The Rockies have gone 3-for-19 with a triple in one game against the right-hander this season.
- The 26-year-old’s 2.97 ERA ranks 25th, 1.070 WHIP ranks 21st, and 9.2 K/9 ranks 18th among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign.
Marlins Batting Stats
- The Marlins rank 13th in Major League Baseball with 73 home runs.
- Hitters for the Marlins combine for a team rank 15th of in the majors with a .394 team slugging percentage.
- Miami’s .242 batting average ranks 15th in the league this season.
- The Marlins have scored the 14th-most runs in the league this season with 297 (4.5 per game).
- Miami has the 17th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.311).
- The Marlins rank 24th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.0 whiffs per contest.
Rockies Stats and Trends
Rockies Betting Records
- The Rockies have won in 21, or 39.6%, of the 53 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Colorado has a win-loss record of 4-9 when favored by +164 or worse by oddsmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 37.9% chance of walking away with the win.
- Colorado and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 35 of their 69 opportunities.
- The Rockies have an against the spread record of 35-34-0 in 69 games with a line this season.
Chad Kuhl (Rockies Probable Starter)
- Kuhl makes the start for the Rockies, his 13th of the season. He is 4-4 with a 3.69 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 63 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last outing on Thursday against the Cleveland Guardians, the righty threw 5 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering seven hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.69, with 7.0 strikeouts per nine innings in 12 games this season. Opponents are hitting .256 against him.
- Kuhl is trying to secure his seventh quality start of the year.
- Kuhl is trying to collect his eighth start of five or more innings this season in this matchup.
- He will take the mound against a Marlins offense that ranks 16th in the league with 540 total hits (on a .242 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .394 (15th in the league) with 73 total home runs (13th in MLB action).
Rockies Batting Stats
- The Rockies rank 22nd in baseball with 63 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- So far this season, the Rockies rank 10th in baseball with a .402 slugging percentage.
- Colorado leads MLB with a .263 batting average.
- The offense for the Rockies is No. 10 in baseball scoring 4.6 runs per game (315 total runs).
- Colorado’s .326 on-base percentage is third-best in baseball.
- The Rockies strike out 8.0 times per game, the ninth-fewest mark in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Marlins vs. Rockies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Wednesday, June 22, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Stadium: loanDepot park
- TV Channel: ATT Sportsnet Rocky Mountain
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).