At Oracle Park on Friday, the Los Angeles Dodgers (37-20) face the San Francisco Giants (30-26), fellow members of the NL West, at 10:15 PM ET.
The Giants are an underdog (+125 on the moneyline) when they host the Dodgers (-145). The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Los Angeles Dodgers looking to Walker Buehler (6-2), and Jakob Junis (3-1) getting the nod for the San Francisco Giants.
The Dodgers won their last game against the White Sox yesterday by an 11-9 score. Max Muncy went 2-for-5 with a double, a home run and five RBI to lead them offensively. Brusdar Graterol picked up the win on the strength of one inning without giving up a hit or an earned run.
The Giants lost to the Rockies 4-2 yesterday. Thairo Estrada went 1-for-3 with a triple and an RBI, and Logan Webb took the loss, pitching 5 2/3 innings, giving up two earned runs on seven hits while striking out three.
Here is everything you need to prepare for Friday’s Dodgers vs. Giants action.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. San Francisco Giants Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Dodgers (-145, bet $145 to win $100)
- Underdog: Giants (+125, bet $100 to win $125)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 61 games this season and won 39 (63.9%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles has entered 52 games this season favored by -145 or more and is 34-18 in those contests.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 59.2% chance to win.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 28 of their 62 chances.
- In 62 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 35-27-0 ATS.
Walker Buehler (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- Buehler (6-2) will take to the mound for the Dodgers and make his 12th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up five earned runs and allowed five hits in 2 1/3 innings pitched against the New York Mets on Sunday.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 3.84 ERA this season with 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.5 walks per nine across 11 games.
- In 11 starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in three of them.
- Buehler has 10 starts of five or more innings this season in 11 chances. He averages 5.2 innings per outing.
- The Giants rank third in MLB with 280 runs scored this season. They have a .242 batting average this campaign with 67 home runs (12th in the league).
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 27-year-old ranks 41st in ERA (3.84), 43rd in WHIP (1.311), and 36th in K/9 (7.7).
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers rank ninth in Major League Baseball with 69 home runs.
- Hitters for the Dodgers rank second in the majors with a combined .425 team slugging percentage.
- Los Angeles’ .249 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking seventh in MLB.
- The Dodgers lead MLB with 305 runs scored this season.
- Los Angeles has an OBP of .332 this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- The Dodgers rank 13th in strikeouts per game (8.2) among MLB offenses.
Giants Stats and Trends
Giants Betting Records
- The Giants have won in three, or 25%, of the 12 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- San Francisco has a mark of 2-1 in contests where sportsbooks favor them by +125 or worse on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Giants have a 44.4% chance of pulling out a win.
- San Francisco’s games have gone over the total in 30 of their 57 opportunities.
- The Giants are 25-31-0 against the spread in their 56 games that had a posted line this season.
Jakob Junis (Giants Probable Starter)
- Junis (3-1 with a 2.51 ERA and 35 strikeouts in 43 innings pitched) makes the start for the Giants, his seventh of the season.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Miami Marlins, when he tossed six innings, allowing one earned run while giving up two hits.
- The 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.51, with 7.3 strikeouts per nine innings in eight games this season. Opponents have a .199 batting average against him.
- Junis has two quality starts this season.
- Junis has pitched five or more innings in a game seven times this season entering this matchup.
- He will match up with a Dodgers squad that is hitting .249 as a unit (seventh in the MLB). They are also slugging a collective .425 (second in the league) with 69 total home runs (ninth in MLB play).
Giants Batting Stats
- The Giants rank 12th in baseball with 67 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- So far this year, the Giants are ninth in baseball, slugging .403.
- San Francisco’s .242 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Giants score the third-most runs in baseball (280 total, 5.0 per game).
- San Francisco ranks seventh in the league with a .322 on-base percentage.
- The Giants strike out 8.5 times per game, the No. 14 average in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Dodgers vs. Giants: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Friday, June 10, 2022
- Game Time: 10:15 PM ET
- Stadium: Oracle Park
- TV Channel: NBC
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).