The Los Angeles Angels (29-34) and Los Angeles Dodgers (38-23) will clash on Wednesday at Dodger Stadium, starting at 10:10 PM ET.
The Dodgers are favored at home (-192) against the Angels (+164). The Los Angeles Dodgers will give the start to Tyler Anderson (7-0, 3.07 ERA), who is looking for win No. 8 on the season, and the Angels will counter with Reid Detmers (2-2, 3.83 ERA).
Tony Gonsolin (6.1 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 6 K) picked up the win in the Dodgers’ 2-0 victory over the Angels yesterday. Mookie Betts led the way offensively, going 1-for-4 with a home run and an RBI. Noah Syndergaard (4.2 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 5 K) was handed the loss for the Angels.
Before watching this Dodgers vs. Angels matchup, here’s what you need to know about Wednesday’s action on the diamond.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Los Angeles Angels Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Dodgers (-192, bet $192 to win $100)
- Underdog: Angels (+164, bet $100 to win $164)
- Over/under: 9
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have been favorites in 65 games this season and won 40 (61.5%) of those contests.
- The Dodgers have a record of 22-12, a 64.7% win rate, when they’re favored by -192 or more by bookmakers this season.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Dodgers have a 65.8% chance to win.
- Games involving the Dodgers have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 28 of 66 chances this season.
- In 66 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 36-30-0 ATS.
Tyler Anderson (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- Anderson (7-0) will take to the mound for the Dodgers and make his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last start was on Thursday, when he tossed 3 2/3 innings while giving up four earned runs on four hits in a matchup with the Chicago White Sox.
- The 32-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with a 3.07 ERA and 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .233.
- In nine starts this season, he’s earned four quality starts.
- In nine starts this season, Anderson has lasted five or more innings seven times, with an average of 5.1 innings per appearance.
- The Angels have scored 272 runs this season, which ranks 15th in MLB. They are batting .240 for the campaign with 78 home runs, fifth in the league.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers rank 11th in Major League Baseball with 72 home runs.
- Hitters for the Dodgers have a combined .418 slugging percentage this season, which ranks fifth in MLB.
- The Dodgers have a team batting average of .247 this season, which ranks 10th among MLB teams.
- The Dodgers have scored the second-most runs in the league this season with 311.
- The Dodgers have an OBP of .328 this season, which ranks second in MLB.
- The Dodgers rank 11th with an average of 8.2 strikeouts per game.
Angels Stats and Trends
Angels Betting Records
- The Angels have been underdogs in 21 games this season and have come away with the win five times (23.8%) in those contests.
- The Angels have been named as an underdog of +164 or more just one time this season and left with a loss in that game.
- The Angels have an implied victory probability of 37.9% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- The Angels and their opponents have hit the over in 31 of their 63 games with a total this season.
- The Angels are 30-33-0 against the spread in their 63 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Reid Detmers (Angels Probable Starter)
- The Angels will send Detmers (2-2) to the mound for his 11th start of the season. He is 2-2 with a 3.83 ERA and 32 strikeouts in 49 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander’s last time out came on Thursday against the Boston Red Sox, when he went 4 1/3 scoreless innings while giving up three hits.
- The 22-year-old has put up an ERA of 3.83, with 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings in 10 games this season. Opponents are hitting .192 against him.
- Detmers is looking to secure his second quality start of the year.
- Detmers enters the game with four outings of five or more innings pitched this season.
- The opposing Dodgers offense has the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.418) and ranks 11th in home runs hit (72) in all of MLB. They have a collective .247 batting average, and are 10th in the league with 508 total hits and second in MLB play scoring 311 runs.
Angels Batting Stats
- The Angels average 1.2 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 78 total home runs .
- So far this year, the Angels’ .405 slugging percentage ranks 10th-best in baseball.
- The Angels have the 16th-ranked batting average in the league (.240).
- Averaging 4.3 runs per game (272 total), the Angels are the 15th-highest scoring team in MLB action.
- The Angels’ .311 on-base percentage is 19th in the league.
- The Angels’ 9.4 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).