On Wednesday, the Los Angeles Dodgers (24-12) are hosting the Arizona Diamondbacks (18-20), at 4:10 PM ET. The Dodgers have taken four straight.
The Diamondbacks are a big underdog (+229 moneyline odds) when they square off against the Dodgers (-281). The Los Angeles Dodgers will hand the ball to Walker Buehler (4-1, 3.57 ERA) looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will counter with Zach Davies (2-1, 3.57).
The Dodgers beat the Diamondbacks 12-3 yesterday, with Tyler Anderson getting the win (7.0 IP, 2 R, 7 H, 7 K) and Freddie Freeman leading the way offensively (going 3-for-4 with three doubles and three RBI). Merrill Kelly (2.0 IP, 8 R, 5 H, 2 K) took the loss for the Diamondbacks.
Before watching this Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks matchup, here is everything you need to know about Wednesday’s action on the diamond.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Dodgers (-281, bet $281 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+229, bet $100 to win $229)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- The Dodgers have entered the game as favorites 41 times this season and won 27, or 65.9%, of those games.
- Los Angeles has played as a favorite of -281 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The Dodgers have a 73.8% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Games involving Los Angeles have gone over the total set by sportsbooks in 20 of 41 chances this season.
- In 41 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 23-18-0 ATS.
Walker Buehler (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- The Dodgers will send Buehler (4-1) to the mound for his eighth start this season.
- The right-hander last pitched on Saturday, when he gave up five earned runs and allowed nine hits in five innings against the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 27-year-old has pitched to a 2.81 ERA this season with 7.6 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 2.2 walks per nine across seven games.
- He has two quality starts in seven chances this season.
- Buehler has seven starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Diamondbacks rank 23rd in MLB with 137 runs scored this season. They have a .204 batting average this campaign with 41 home runs (seventh in the league).
- The right-hander has allowed the Diamondbacks to go 3-for-30 in nine innings this season.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 27-year-old’s 2.81 ERA ranks 19th, 1.176 WHIP ranks 31st, and 7.6 K/9 ranks 34th.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers’ 38 home runs rank 11th in Major League Baseball.
- Hitters for the Dodgers rank fifth in the majors with a combined .411 team slugging percentage.
- Los Angeles ranks ninth in MLB with a .244 team batting average.
- The Dodgers have scored the most runs (198) in baseball so far this year.
- Los Angeles gets on base at a .332 clip, best in the league.
- The Dodgers are one of the most disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking eighth with an average of 8.0 strikeouts per game.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been victorious in 17, or 45.9%, of the 37 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- This is the worst odds of a win that sportsbooks have given Arizona this season with a +229 moneyline set for this game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 30.4% chance of walking away with the win.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 18 of their 43 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks have posted a record of 25-18-0 against the spread this season.
Zach Davies (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Davies gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his eighth of the season. He is 2-1 with a 3.57 ERA and 28 strikeouts in 35 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Saturday against the Chicago Cubs, the right-hander tossed 5 2/3 innings, allowing three earned runs while surrendering four hits.
- In seven games this season, the 29-year-old has amassed an ERA of 3.57, with 7.1 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .213 against him.
- Davies is trying to pick up his second quality start of the year.
- Davies is aiming for his fourth straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.0 frames per start.
- The opposing Dodgers offense has a collective .244 batting average, and is 10th in the league with 291 total hits and first in MLB action with 198 runs scored. They have the fifth-ranked slugging percentage (.411) and are 11th in all of MLB with 38 home runs.
- Davies has thrown four innings, giving up three earned runs on four hits while striking out three against the Dodgers this season.
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks are seventh in baseball with 41 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- This season, the Diamondbacks are 21st in baseball, slugging .357.
- Arizona ranks 29th in MLB with a .204 batting average.
- The offense for the Diamondbacks is the No. 23 offense in MLB action scoring 3.6 runs per game (137 total runs).
- Arizona ranks 26th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .289.
- The Diamondbacks’ 9.3 strikeouts per game are the third-most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).