The Arizona Diamondbacks (18-18) will attempt to stop a three-game losing streak on Tuesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers (22-12), with first pitch at 3:10 PM ET at Dodger Stadium.
The Diamondbacks are an underdog away (+187) against the Dodgers (-230). Tyler Gilbert will start for the Arizona Diamondbacks, but there’s been no pitching decision announced by the Los Angeles Dodgers yet.
The Dodgers took down the Diamondbacks 5-4 yesterday, with Tony Gonsolin getting the win (6.0 IP, 2 R, 3 H, 7 K) and Chris Taylor leading the way offensively (going 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and two RBI). Madison Bumgarner (5.0 IP, 3 R, 6 H, 1 K) took the loss for the Diamondbacks.
Here is what you need to prepare for Tuesday’s Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks contest.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Dodgers (-230, bet $230 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+187, bet $100 to win $187)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- This season, the Dodgers have won 22 out of the 36 games, or 61.1%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles has entered nine games this season favored by -230 or more and is 7-2 in those contests.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 69.7% chance of a victory for the Dodgers.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 15 of their 36 opportunities.
- In 36 games with a spread this season, the Dodgers are 20-16-0 ATS.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers rank 15th in Major League Baseball with 33 home runs.
- Fueled by 105 extra-base hits, the Dodgers rank eighth in MLB with a .400 slugging percentage this season.
- Los Angeles’ .242 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Dodgers are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 179 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles has the best on-base percentage (.330) in baseball this year.
- The Dodgers have shown patience at the plate this season with the sixth-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.0) among MLB offenses.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have won in 17, or 53.1%, of the 32 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Arizona has played as an underdog of +187 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 34.8% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Arizona and their opponents have hit the over in 13 of their 38 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Diamondbacks have an against the spread record of 23-15-0 in 38 games with a line this season.
Tyler Gilbert (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Gilbert starts for the first time this season for the Diamondbacks.
- The 28-year-old lefty makes his season debut and his first appearance in more than a year.
- The Dodgers have scored 179 total runs this season, making them MLB’s second-ranked scoring offense so far this season. As a team they have a .242 batting average while hitting 33 home runs (15th in the league).
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks rank 10th in baseball with 37 total home runs.
- So far this year, the Diamondbacks’ .353 slugging percentage ranks 23rd in the league.
- Arizona’s .201 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The Diamondbacks score the 24th-most runs in baseball (128 total, 3.6 per game).
- Arizona is 26th in baseball with a .288 on-base percentage.
- The Diamondbacks strike out 9.2 times per game, the fourth-worst average in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).