Two squads in the NL West — the Los Angeles Dodgers (21-12) and the Arizona Diamondbacks (18-17) — clash on Monday at 10:10 PM ET, at Dodger Stadium.
The favored Dodgers (-240 on the moneyline to win) host the Diamondbacks (+196). The Dodgers will start Tony Gonsolin (3-0) versus the Diamondbacks and Madison Bumgarner (2-1).
The Dodgers beat the Phillies by a 5-4 score in their last game yesterday. Mookie Betts went 2-for-4 with a double, a home run and two RBI to lead them offensively while Shane Greene picked up the win after throwing two innings without giving up an earned run on two hits, while striking out one.
The Diamondbacks suffered a 3-2 loss to the Cubs yesterday. Christian Walker (2-for-4) led the way offensively, while Ian Kennedy got the loss on the mound after going 2/3 of an inning, giving up one earned run on two hits while striking out one.
Ahead of the Dodgers vs. Diamondbacks matchup, here is what you need to prepare for Monday’s baseball action.
Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Dodgers (-240, bet $240 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+196, bet $100 to win $196)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Dodgers Stats and Trends
Dodgers Betting Records
- This season, the Dodgers have won 21 out of the 35 games, or 60%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Los Angeles is 4-2 this season when entering a game favored by -240 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Dodgers, based on the moneyline, is 70.6%.
- Los Angeles and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 14 of their 35 opportunities.
- The Dodgers have an ATS record of 20-15-0 in 35 games with a spread this season.
Tony Gonsolin (Dodgers Probable Starter)
- The Dodgers’ Gonsolin (3-0) will make his seventh start of the season.
- The right-hander did not allow a run in 5 2/3 innings pitched on Tuesday in his last outing, a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates.
- The 28-year-old has pitched in six games this season with a 1.33 ERA and 7.7 strikeouts per nine innings with a batting average against of .168.
- He has one quality starts in six chances this season.
- Gonsolin has two starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Diamondbacks have scored 124 runs this season, which ranks 24th in MLB. They have 226 hits, 30th in baseball, with 35 home runs (10th in the league).
- The right-hander has faced the Diamondbacks one time this season, allowing them to go 3-for-16 with a double and two RBI in four innings.
Dodgers Batting Stats
- The Dodgers’ 32 home runs rank 15th in Major League Baseball.
- Fueled by 102 extra-base hits, the Dodgers rank eighth in MLB with a .399 slugging percentage this season.
- Los Angeles has a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 10th among MLB teams.
- The Dodgers have scored the second-most runs in the league this season with 174.
- Los Angeles gets on base at a .328 clip, best in the league.
- The Dodgers rank eighth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.2 whiffs per contest.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been chosen as underdogs in 31 games this year and have walked away with the win 17 times (54.8%) in those games.
- Arizona has played as an underdog of +196 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 33.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 12 of their 37 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks have posted a record of 22-15-0 against the spread this season.
Madison Bumgarner (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- The Diamondbacks are sending Bumgarner (2-1) out to make his eighth start of the season. He is 2-1 with a 1.78 ERA and 20 strikeouts through 30 1/3 innings pitched.
- The lefty’s most recent time out came on Wednesday against the Miami Marlins, when he went 6 1/3 innings, surrendering two earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In seven games this season, the 32-year-old has an ERA of 1.78, with 5.9 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are batting .198 against him.
- Bumgarner has one quality start under his belt this year.
- Bumgarner has five starts this campaign where he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Dodgers offense has a collective .240 batting average, and is 19th in the league with 263 total hits and second in MLB action with 174 runs scored. They have the eighth-ranked slugging percentage (.399) and are 15th in all of MLB with 32 home runs.
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks average one home run per game to rank 10th in baseball with 35 total home runs .
- This season, the Diamondbacks are 24th in the league with a .352 slugging percentage.
- Arizona’s .202 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- Averaging 3.5 runs per game (124 total), the Diamondbacks are the 24th-highest scoring team in MLB play.
- Arizona ranks 25th in baseball with a .290 on-base percentage.
- The Diamondbacks’ 9.1 strikeouts per game rank 25th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).