In the final game of a three-game set at Angel Stadium, the Los Angeles Angels (25-17) face the Oakland Athletics (17-25), Sunday at 4:07 PM ET.
The Angels are favored (-147 moneyline odds to win) when they host the Athletics (+125). The Los Angeles Angels will give the start to Patrick Sandoval (2-1, .00 ERA) looking for win No. 3 on the season, and the Athletics will turn to Cole Irvin.
Michael Lorenzen (6.0 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 5 K) was credited with the win in the Angels’ 5-3 victory over the Athletics yesterday. Luis Rengifo led the way offensively, going 2-for-4 with a home run and two RBI. Adam Kolarek (1.1 IP, 2 R, 3 H, 2 K) took the loss for the Athletics.
Before watching this Angels vs. Athletics matchup, here is everything you need to know about Sunday’s action on the diamond.
Los Angeles Angels vs. Oakland Athletics Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Angels (-147, bet $147 to win $100)
- Underdog: Athletics (+125, bet $100 to win $125)
- Over/under: 7.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Angels Stats and Trends
Angels Betting Records
- The Angels have been favorites in 33 games this season and won 21 (63.6%) of those contests.
- Los Angeles is 10-6 this season when entering a game favored by -147 or more on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win from the Angels, based on the moneyline, is 59.5%.
- Los Angeles’ games have gone over the total in 21 of their 42 chances.
- The Angels are 22-20-0 against the spread this season.
Patrick Sandoval (Angels Probable Starter)
- The Angels will hand the ball to Sandoval (2-1) for his seventh start of the season.
- The left-hander’s last appearance was on Sunday, when he threw 6 1/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up one earned run while allowing four hits.
- The 25-year-old has pitched to a 1.91 ERA this season with 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 4.4 walks per nine across six games.
- In six starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in three of them.
- Sandoval has four starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Athletics rank 27th in MLB with 139 runs scored this season. They have a .206 batting average this campaign with 25 home runs (29th in the league).
- The left-hander has allowed the Athletics to go 4-for-20 with an RBI in 6 1/3 innings this season.
Angels Batting Stats
- The Angels have hit 57 homers to lead Major League Baseball this season.
- No MLB team has a better slugging percentage than the Angels (.420) this season.
- Los Angeles’ .244 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Angels are among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking second with 203 total runs this season.
- Los Angeles is among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking eighth with an OBP of .319.
- The Angels are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 29th with an average of 9.3 strikeouts per game.
Athletics Stats and Trends
Athletics Betting Records
- The Athletics have come away with 12 wins in the 33 contests they have been listed as the underdogs in this season.
- This season, Oakland has been victorious seven times in 21 chances when named as an underdog of at least +125 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Athletics have an implied victory probability of 44.4% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Oakland and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 16 of their 42 opportunities.
- The Athletics are 20-22-0 against the spread in their 42 games that had a posted line this season.
Cole Irvin (Athletics Probable Starter)
- Irvin will start for the Athletics, his first of the season.
- It’s the season debut and his first appearance in more than a year for the 28-year-old left-hander.
- The Angels are second in MLB action with 203 runs scored this season, and are batting .244 with 57 home runs (first in baseball).
Athletics Batting Stats
- The Athletics have hit the second-fewest home runs in MLB action this season (25).
- So far this season, the Athletics have the second-lowest slugging percentage in baseball (.316).
- Oakland is last in MLB with a .206 batting average.
- The offense for the Athletics is No. 27 in MLB play scoring 3.3 runs per game (139 total runs).
- Oakland ranks last in baseball with a .274 on-base percentage.
- Athletics hitters strike out 8.6 times per game, the 26th-most in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Angels vs. Athletics: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Sunday, May 22, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
- TV Channel: NBC Sports Networks
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).