On Thursday, the Cleveland Guardians (31-27) are visiting the Colorado Rockies (27-36), at 3:10 PM ET. The Guardians have won three straight.
The Guardians are the road favorite (-131) versus the Rockies (+112). The Cleveland Guardians will hand the ball to Triston McKenzie (3-5, 3.09 ERA), who is looking for win No. 4 on the season, and the Rockies will turn to Chad Kuhl (4-3, 3.70 ERA).
These teams meet again after the Guardians took down the Rockies 7-5 yesterday. Bryan Shaw picked up the win for the Guardians (1.0 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 1 K), and Amed Rosario led the way offensively (3-for-5 with a triple, a home run and an RBI). Austin Gomber (4.2 IP, 5 R, 9 H, 4 K) was credited with the loss for the Rockies.
Before watching this Guardians vs. Rockies matchup, here is what you need to know about Thursday’s action on the diamond.
Cleveland Guardians vs. Colorado Rockies Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Guardians (-131, bet $131 to win $100)
- Underdog: Rockies (+112, bet $100 to win $112)
- Over/under: 11.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Guardians Stats and Trends
Guardians Betting Records
- The Guardians have won 20, or 64.5%, of the 31 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Cleveland has a record of 14-6 in games where sportsbooks favor them by at least -131 on the moneyline.
- The Guardians have a 56.7% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Cleveland’s games have gone over the total in 31 of their 63 chances.
- The Guardians have an ATS record of 33-30-0 in 63 games with a spread this season.
Triston McKenzie (Guardians Probable Starter)
- The Guardians’ McKenzie (3-5) will make his 11th start of the season.
- The right-hander’s last appearance was on Friday, when he threw 6 2/3 innings against the Oakland Athletics, giving up two earned runs while allowing five hits.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in 11 games this season with an ERA of 3.09, a 3.056 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of .891.
- He has started 10 games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in six of them.
- McKenzie has eight starts in a row of five innings or more.
- The Rockies have scored 282 runs this season, which ranks 12th in MLB. They have 560 hits, third in baseball, with 54 home runs (23rd in the league).
- The 24-year-old ranks 27th in ERA (3.09), fifth in WHIP (.891), and 40th in K/9 (7.7) among qualified pitchers in the majors this season.
Guardians Batting Stats
- The Guardians rank 27th in Major League Baseball with just 47 home runs as a team.
- Hitters for the Guardians combine for a team rank 16th of in the majors with a .392 team slugging percentage.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .252 this season, which ranks seventh among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have scored the 17th-most runs in the league this season with 271 (4.7 per game).
- Cleveland has an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 17th in the league.
- The Guardians have the fewest strikeouts in MLB, whiffing only 6.7 times per game on average.
Rockies Stats and Trends
Rockies Betting Records
- The Rockies have been underdogs in 48 games this season and have come away with the win 18 times (37.5%) in those contests.
- This season, Colorado has come away with a win 13 times in 36 chances when named as an underdog of at least +112 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Rockies have a 47.2% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Contests with Colorado have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 33 of 64 chances this season.
- The Rockies are 31-33-0 against the spread in their 64 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Chad Kuhl (Rockies Probable Starter)
- The Rockies are sending Kuhl (4-3) to make his 12th start of the season. He is 4-3 with a 3.70 ERA and 42 strikeouts through 58 1/3 innings pitched.
- In his last appearance on Saturday against the San Diego Padres, the righty went 4 1/3 innings, allowing five earned runs while surrendering eight hits.
- The 29-year-old has an ERA of 3.70, with 6.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 games this season. Opposing hitters have a .251 batting average against him.
- Kuhl heads into the game with six quality starts under his belt this season.
- Kuhl has pitched five or more innings in a game six times this year heading into this game.
- He will face a Guardians offense that ranks 18th in the league with 497 total hits (on a .252 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .392 (16th in the league) with 47 total home runs (27th in MLB action).
Rockies Batting Stats
- The Rockies rank 23rd in MLB play with 54 total home runs.
- So far this year, the Rockies’ .389 slugging percentage ranks 17th in the league.
- Colorado’s .258 batting average is third-best in the majors.
- The offense for the Rockies is the No. 12 offense in baseball scoring 4.5 runs per game (282 total runs).
- Colorado’s .321 on-base percentage is seventh-best in the league.
- The Rockies’ 8.0 strikeouts per game rank 11th in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Guardians vs. Rockies: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Thursday, June 16, 2022
- Game Time: 3:10 PM ET
- Stadium: Coors Field
- TV Channel: ATT Sportsnet Rocky Mountain
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).