The Milwaukee Brewers will visit the Cincinnati Reds in the opening game of the season, Saturday at 4:10 PM ET.
The Reds are projected as a close favorite (-110 moneyline odds to win) against the Brewers (-109). The Reds will give the ball to Graham Ashcraft against the Brewers and Jason Alexander.
Before this Reds vs. Brewers matchup, here is everything you need to get ready for Saturday’s MLB action.
Cincinnati Reds vs. Milwaukee Brewers Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Reds (-110, bet $110 to win $100)
- Underdog: Brewers (-109, bet $109 to win $100)
- Over/under: 9
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Reds Stats and Trends
Reds Betting Records
- Last season, the Reds were favored 100 times and won 57, or 57%, of those games.
- Cincinnati had a record of 54-43, a 55.7% win rate, when favored by -110 or more by sportsbooks last season.
- The implied probability of a win by the Reds, based on the moneyline, is 52.4%.
- Cincinnati’s games went over the total in 81 of their 160 chances last season.
- The Reds had an ATS record of 54-63-0 in 117 games with a spread last season.
Graham Ashcraft (Reds Probable Starter)
- The Reds’ Ashcraft (3-0) will make his sixth start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up four earned runs in 4 2/3 innings pitched on Sunday in his last outing, a matchup with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- The 24-year-old has pitched in five games this season with an ERA of 2.22, a 3 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.024.
- He has started five games this season, earning a quality start (6 or more IP, 3 or fewer ER) in three of them.
- Ashcraft has made three starts of five or more innings in five chances this season, and averages 5.2 frames when he pitches.
Reds Batting Stats
- The Reds ranked sixth in Major League Baseball with 222 home runs.
- Fueled by 530 extra-base hits, the Reds ranked sixth in MLB with a .431 slugging percentage last season.
- The offensive efforts of the Reds last season led to the sixth-best batting average in MLB at .249.
- The Reds were among the highest scoring teams in the league, ranking ninth with 786 total runs last season.
- With an OBP of .328 last season, the Reds ranked seventh in baseball.
- The Reds had the 19th-ranked strikeout rate (8.8 per game) among MLB offenses.
Brewers Stats and Trends
Brewers Betting Records
- The Brewers came away with 21 wins in the 41 contests they were listed as the underdogs in last season.
- Last season, Milwaukee came away with a win 20 times in 40 chances when named as an underdog of -109 or longer on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Brewers have a 52.2% chance of walking away with the win.
- Milwaukee and its opponents went over in 75 of their 164 games with a total set by sportsbooks last season.
- The Brewers posted a record of 64-56-0 against the spread last season.
Jason Alexander (Brewers Probable Starter)
- Alexander gets the start for the Brewers, his fourth of the season. He is 0-0 with a 2.16 ERA and six strikeouts over 16 2/3 innings pitched.
- The right-hander last appeared on Sunday against the Washington Nationals, when he threw 4 2/3 innings, allowing one earned run while giving up seven hits.
- In three games this season, the 29-year-old has an ERA of 2.16, with 3.2 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .328 against him.
- Alexander is trying to pick up his second quality start of the season in this matchup.
- Alexander has pitched five or more innings in a game two times this season heading into this matchup.
Brewers Batting Stats
- The Brewers ranked 18th in MLB play with 194 home runs last season. They averaged 1.2 per game.
- Last year the Brewers ranked 23rd in baseball with a .396 slugging percentage.
- The Brewers’ .233 batting average ranked 27th in MLB last season.
- Last season the Brewers were the 12th-highest scoring team in baseball averaging 4.6 runs per game (738 total).
- Last season the Brewers’ .317 on-base percentage was 14th in the league.
- The club struck out nine times per game to rank 23rd in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).