The Cincinnati Reds (20-35) face the Arizona Diamondbacks (26-31), who will be trying to halt a four-game losing streak, Wednesday at 6:40 PM ET, at Great American Ball Park.
The Reds are favored (-119 moneyline odds) when they take on the Diamondbacks (+100). The Cincinnati Reds will hand the ball to Mike Minor (0-1, 3.66 ERA) looking for win No. 1 on the season, and the Diamondbacks will counter with Merrill Kelly (4-3, 3.66).
These clubs meet again after the Reds took down the Diamondbacks 14-8 yesterday. Graham Ashcraft earned the win for the Reds (6.0 IP, 0 R, 3 H, 4 K), and Tommy Pham led the way offensively (2-for-4 with a double, a home run and an RBI). Tyler Gilbert (1.2 IP, 6 R, 5 H, 2 K) was credited with the loss for the Diamondbacks.
Before this Reds vs. Diamondbacks showdown, here is everything you need to prepare for Wednesday’s MLB action.
Cincinnati Reds vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Reds (-119, bet $119 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+100, bet $100 to win $100)
- Over/under: 9.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Reds Stats and Trends
Reds Betting Records
- The Reds have been favorites in 13 games this season and won five (38.5%) of those contests.
- Cincinnati has a record of 5-6, a 45.5% win rate, when favored by -119 or more by oddsmakers this season.
- The Reds have a 54.3% chance to win this game based on the implied probability of the moneyline.
- Cincinnati and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 30 of their 56 opportunities.
- The Reds have an ATS record of 26-30-0 in 56 games with a spread this season.
Mike Minor (Reds Probable Starter)
- The Reds’ Minor will make his second start of the season.
- The left-hander last pitched on Friday, when he threw four innings against the Washington Nationals, giving up five earned runs.
- He has an ERA of 11.25, a strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.500 in one games this season.
- The Diamondbacks rank 25th in MLB with 220 runs scored this season. They have a .214 batting average this campaign with 66 home runs (10th in the league).
Reds Batting Stats
- The Reds’ 55 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- Hitters for the Reds combine for a team rank 19th of in the majors with a .383 team slugging percentage.
- Cincinnati’s .237 batting average ranks 18th in the league this season.
- The Reds have scored the 10th-most runs in the league this season with 248.
- Cincinnati has an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Reds rank 16th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been chosen as underdogs in 52 games this year and have walked away with the win 22 times (42.3%) in those games.
- Arizona has a win-loss record of 21-29 when favored by +100 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 50% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Arizona and their opponents have gone over in 27 of their 62 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Diamondbacks have posted a record of 36-26-0 against the spread this season.
Merrill Kelly (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Kelly (4-3 with a 3.66 ERA and 49 strikeouts in 59 innings pitched) makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 12th of the season.
- In his most recent time out on Friday, the righty tossed five innings against the Pittsburgh Pirates, giving up two earned runs while surrendering five hits.
- The 33-year-old has an ERA of 3.66, with 7.5 strikeouts per nine innings in 11 games this season. Opposing batters have a .258 batting average against him.
- Kelly is trying to pick up his fifth quality start of the year in this matchup.
- Kelly is seeking his fourth straight outing lasting five or more innings. He averages 5.1 innings per start.
- The opposing Reds offense has a collective .237 batting average, and is 23rd in the league with 425 total hits and 10th in MLB action with 248 runs scored. They have the 19th-ranked slugging percentage (.383) and are 17th in all of MLB with 55 home runs.
- The 33-year-old’s 3.66 ERA ranks 39th, 1.390 WHIP ranks 54th, and 7.5 K/9 ranks 42nd among qualifying pitchers this season.
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks rank 10th in baseball with 66 total home runs.
- So far this year, the Diamondbacks’ .377 slugging percentage ranks 21st in baseball.
- Arizona’s .214 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- Averaging 3.9 runs per game (220 total), the Diamondbacks are the 25th-highest scoring team in baseball.
- Arizona’s .295 on-base percentage is 25th in the league.
- The Diamondbacks strike out 9.1 times per game, the second-worst mark in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).