On Saturday, the Chicago Cubs (15-23) are hosting the Arizona Diamondbacks (20-21), at 2:20 PM ET. The Cubs have dropped three in a row.
The Diamondbacks are an underdog (+124 moneyline odds to win) when they visit the Cubs (-145). The Cubs will start Justin Steele (1-4) versus the Diamondbacks and Madison Bumgarner (2-2).
Yesterday, the Diamondbacks claimed a 10-6 victory over the Cubs, with Humberto Castellanos (5.1 IP, 3 R, 5 H, 5 K) earning the win for the Diamondbacks. Josh Rojas went 3-for-5 with three home runs and four RBI to lead the offense. Kyle Hendricks (5.0 IP, 7 R, 8 H, 3 K) was credited with the loss for the Cubs.
To prepare for the Cubs vs. Diamondbacks matchup, here’s what you need to prepare for Saturday’s baseball action.
Chicago Cubs vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Cubs (-145, bet $145 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+124, bet $100 to win $124)
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Cubs Stats and Trends
Cubs Betting Records
- This season, the Cubs have won four out of the 11 games, or 36.4%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Chicago is 3-4 this season when entering a game favored by -145 or more on the moneyline.
- Oddsmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Cubs have a 59.2% chance to win.
- Games involving Chicago have gone over the total set by oddsmakers in 17 of 38 chances this season.
- The Cubs are 20-18-0 ATS in their 38 games with a spread this season.
Justin Steele (Cubs Probable Starter)
- The Cubs’ Steele (1-4) will make his eighth start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up one earned run and allowed three hits in six innings pitched against the Arizona Diamondbacks on Sunday.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in seven games this season with an ERA of 4.50, a 1.933 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.571.
- In seven starts this season, he’s earned one quality start.
- Steele has made two starts of five or more innings in seven chances this season, and averages 4.0 frames when he pitches.
- The Diamondbacks rank 29th in MLB with a .208 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 19th in the league (.370) and 49 home runs.
- The left-hander has faced the Diamondbacks one time this season, allowing them to go 3-for-22 with a triple and an RBI in six innings.
Cubs Batting Stats
- The Cubs’ 33 home runs rank 18th in Major League Baseball.
- Fueled by 102 extra-base hits, the Cubs rank 19th in MLB with a .370 slugging percentage this season.
- Chicago’s .231 batting average ranks 18th in the league this season.
- The Cubs have scored 155 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- Chicago has an OBP of .310 this season, which ranks 16th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 25th with an average of 9.0 strikeouts per game.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been chosen as underdogs in 40 games this year and have walked away with the win 19 times (47.5%) in those games.
- Arizona has a win-loss record of 12-17 when favored by +124 or worse by bookmakers this year.
- Sportsbooks have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Diamondbacks have a 44.6% chance of pulling out a win.
- Arizona’s games have gone over the total in 19 of their 46 opportunities.
- The Diamondbacks are 27-19-0 against the spread in their 46 games with a line set by sportsbooks this season.
Madison Bumgarner (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Bumgarner gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his ninth of the season. He is 2-2 with a 2.29 ERA and 21 strikeouts over 35 1/3 innings pitched.
- The left-hander last pitched on Tuesday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he threw five innings, allowing three earned runs while giving up six hits.
- In eight games this season, the 32-year-old has amassed an ERA of 2.29, with 5.3 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .212 against him.
- Bumgarner has one quality start under his belt this season.
- Bumgarner is trying for his third straight appearance lasting five or more innings. He averages 4.1 innings per start.
- He will face a Cubs offense that ranks 17th in the league with 155 total runs scored while batting .231 as a squad. His opponent has a collective .370 slugging percentage (19th in MLB action) and has hit a total of 33 home runs (18th in the league).
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks are fifth in MLB play with 49 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- So far this year, the Diamondbacks’ .370 slugging percentage is 19th in the league.
- Arizona’s .208 batting average ranks 29th in the league.
- The offense for the Diamondbacks is the No. 20 offense in baseball scoring 3.7 runs per game (153 total runs).
- Arizona ranks 26th in the league with an on-base percentage of .291.
- The Diamondbacks strike out 9.2 times per game, the worst mark in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Cubs vs. Diamondbacks: Live Streaming Info & Game Time
- Game Day: Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Game Time: 2:20 PM ET
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
- TV Channel: Marquee Sports Network
- Live Stream: fuboTV (Watch for free)
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).