At Angel Stadium on Wednesday, the Boston Red Sox (six straight victories) play the Los Angeles Angels at 9:38 PM ET.
The Red Sox are a favorite (-161) at the Angels (+140). The scheduled starters are Nathan Eovaldi (3-2) for the Boston Red Sox, and Reid Detmers (2-2) for the Los Angeles Angels.
Tanner Houck (2.0 IP, 0 R, 1 H, 3 K) registered the win in the Red Sox’s 6-5 victory over the Angels yesterday. Rafael Devers led the way offensively, going 2-for-4 with a double. Jaime Barria (1.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 0 K) took the loss for the Angels.
Here’s everything you need to prepare for Wednesday’s Red Sox vs. Angels matchup.
Boston Red Sox vs. Los Angeles Angels Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Red Sox (-161, bet $161 to win $100)
- Underdog: Angels (+140, bet $100 to win $140)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Red Sox Stats and Trends
Red Sox Betting Records
- This season, the Red Sox have won 18 out of the 31 games, or 58.1%, in which they’ve been favored.
- Boston has entered 10 games this season favored by -161 or more and is 5-5 in those contests.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 61.7% chance of a victory for the Red Sox.
- So far this season, Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 22 of their 56 games with a total.
- The Red Sox have an ATS record of 31-25-0 in 56 games with a spread this season.
Nathan Eovaldi (Red Sox Probable Starter)
- The Red Sox will send Eovaldi (3-2) to the mound for his 12th start this season.
- The right-hander’s last start was on Saturday, when he tossed six innings without allowing a run on four hits in a matchup with the Oakland Athletics.
- The 32-year-old has pitched to a 3.41 ERA this season with 9.5 strikeouts per nine innings compared to 1.4 walks per nine across 11 games.
- He’s looking to extend his three-game quality start streak.
- Eovaldi will look to finish five or more innings for the fourth start in a row.
- The Angels have scored 247 runs this season, which ranks 13th in MLB. They are batting .241 for the campaign with 68 home runs, sixth in the league.
- Among qualified major league pitchers this season, the 32-year-old’s 3.41 ERA ranks 31st, 1.089 WHIP ranks 24th, and 9.5 K/9 ranks 18th.
Red Sox Batting Stats
- The Red Sox’s 52 home runs rank 22nd in Major League Baseball.
- Hitters for the Red Sox rank third in the majors with a combined .417 team slugging percentage.
- Boston’s .258 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking third in MLB.
- The Red Sox have scored the sixth-most runs in the league this season with 263.
- Boston has an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 12th in the league.
- The Red Sox have shown patience at the plate this season with the 10th-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.0) among MLB offenses.
Angels Stats and Trends
Angels Betting Records
- The Angels have been victorious in four, or 23.5%, of the 17 contests they have been chosen as underdogs in this season.
- Los Angeles has played as an underdog of +140 or more just one time this year and came away with a loss in that game.
- Bookmakers have implied with the moneyline set for this matchup that the Angels have a 41.7% chance of pulling out a win.
- Contests with Los Angeles have gone over the total set by bookmakers in 29 of 57 chances this season.
- The Angels have posted a record of 27-30-0 against the spread this season.
Reid Detmers (Angels Probable Starter)
- Detmers gets the start for the Angels, his 10th of the season. He is 2-2 with a 4.20 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 45 innings pitched.
- In his last time out on Thursday against the New York Yankees, the left-hander threw 4 1/3 scoreless innings while surrendering five hits.
- Over nine games this season, the 22-year-old has amassed a 4.20 ERA and 6.2 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .193 to opposing hitters.
- Detmers is looking to secure his second quality start of the year.
- Detmers has put up four starts this campaign that he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Red Sox offense has the third-ranked slugging percentage (.417) and ranks 22nd in home runs hit (52) in all of MLB. They have a collective .258 batting average, and are third in the league with 491 total hits and sixth in MLB play scoring 263 runs.
- In 4 2/3 innings over one appearance against the Red Sox this season, Detmers has a 5.79 ERA and a 1.286 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .235.
Angels Batting Stats
- The Angels average 1.2 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB play with 68 total home runs .
- This season, the Angels rank 11th in baseball, slugging .401.
- Los Angeles’ .241 batting average ranks 15th in the league.
- Averaging 4.4 runs per game (247 total), the Angels are the 13th-highest scoring team in MLB play.
- Los Angeles ranks 15th in baseball with a .312 on-base percentage.
- The Angels’ 9.1 strikeouts per game are the fifth-most in the league.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).