The Miami Marlins (19-25) will visit the Atlanta Braves (22-25), in the final game of a three-game series, Sunday at 1:35 PM ET.
The Braves are a home favorite (-216) against the Marlins (+181). The Atlanta Braves will give the start to Max Fried (4-2, 5.45 ERA) looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Marlins will turn to Elieser Hernandez (2-4, 5.45).
Yesterday, the Marlins claimed a 4-1 win over the Braves, with Sandy Alcantara (8.0 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 14 K) earning the win for the Marlins. Miguel Rojas went 3-for-4 with a home run and an RBI to lead the offensive showing. Tucker Davidson (5.0 IP, 1 R, 3 H, 3 K) picked up the loss for the Braves.
Before this Braves vs. Marlins matchup, here’s everything you need to get ready for Sunday’s MLB action.
Atlanta Braves vs. Miami Marlins Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Braves (-216, bet $216 to win $100)
- Underdog: Marlins (+181, bet $100 to win $181)
- Over/under: 8
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have been favorites in 29 games this season and won 15 (51.7%) of those contests.
- Atlanta is 1-2 this season when entering a game favored by -216 or more on the moneyline.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 68.4% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- So far this season, Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 26 of their 47 games with a total.
- In 47 games with a spread this season, the Braves are 21-26-0 ATS.
Max Fried (Braves Probable Starter)
- The Braves will hand the ball to Fried (4-2) for his 10th start of the season.
- The left-hander gave up two earned runs and allowed five hits in 6 2/3 innings pitched against the Philadelphia Phillies on Tuesday.
- The 28-year-old has an ERA of 3.27, a 6.5 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.055 in nine games this season.
- He’s going for his third straight quality start.
- Fried will look to finish five or more innings for the 10th start in a row.
- The Marlins rank 12th in MLB with a .240 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 14th in the league (.388) and 44 home runs.
- Among qualified pitchers in the majors this campaign, the 28-year-old ranks 25th in ERA (3.27), 20th in WHIP (1.055), and 24th in K/9 (8.5).
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves have hit 57 homers this season, which ranks fifth in the league.
- Fueled by 140 extra-base hits, the Braves rank 12th in MLB with a .393 slugging percentage this season.
- Atlanta has a team batting average of .229 this season, which ranks 24th among MLB teams.
- The Braves have scored the 17th-most runs in the league this season with 192 (4.1 per game).
- Atlanta has an on-base percentage of .301 this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Braves rank last in strikeouts per game (9.9) among MLB offenses.
Marlins Stats and Trends
Marlins Betting Records
- The Marlins have won in eight, or 34.8%, of the 23 contests they have been named as odds-on underdogs in this year.
- Miami has yet to play a game this season with longer moneyline odds than +181.
- The Marlins have an implied victory probability of 35.6% according to the moneyline set for this matchup.
- Miami and their opponents have hit the over in 21 of their 44 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 44 games with a line this season, the Marlins have a mark of 23-21-0 against the spread.
Elieser Hernandez (Marlins Probable Starter)
- Hernandez gets the start for the Marlins, his ninth of the season. He is 2-4 with a 5.45 ERA and 37 strikeouts in 39 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his last time out — out of the bullpen on Wednesday — the righty tossed 1 1/3 scoreless innings against the Tampa Bay Rays without surrendering a hit.
- The 27-year-old has an ERA of 5.45, with 8.4 strikeouts per nine innings in nine games this season. Opponents have a .250 batting average against him.
- Hernandez has recorded one quality start this year.
- Hernandez has put together four starts this season where he pitched five or more innings.
- The opposing Braves offense has the 12th-ranked slugging percentage (.393) and ranks fifth in home runs hit (57) in all of MLB. They have a collective .229 batting average, and are 17th in the league with 356 total hits and 17th in MLB action scoring 192 runs.
- In 9 2/3 innings over two appearances against the Braves this season, Hernandez has a 5.59 ERA and a 1.138 WHIP while his opponents are hitting .270.
Marlins Batting Stats
- The Marlins rank 16th in baseball with 44 total home runs.
- This season, the Marlins’ .388 slugging percentage is 14th in the league.
- Miami’s .240 batting average ranks 12th in the league.
- The Marlins score the 23rd-most runs in baseball (180 total, 4.1 per game).
- Miami is 11th in baseball with a .314 on-base percentage.
- The Marlins strike out 9.0 times per game to rank 21st in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).