A series opener between the Atlanta Braves (23-25) and Arizona Diamondbacks (23-26) is scheduled for Monday at 8:10 PM ET, at Chase Field.
The Braves are favored (-120 moneyline odds to win) when they square off against the Diamondbacks (+101). The starting pitchers are Spencer Strider (1-1) for the Atlanta Braves, and Zac Gallen (3-0) for the Arizona Diamondbacks.
The Braves won 6-3 over the Marlins yesterday in their last game. Max Fried was named the winning pitcher after throwing six innings, giving up one earned run on six hits while striking out five, while Marcell Ozuna went 2-for-4 with two home runs and two RBI to lead them offensively.
The Diamondbacks fell to the Dodgers 3-1 yesterday. David Peralta led the way offensively after going 1-for-1 with a triple and an RBI in the defeat, while Zach Davies took the loss on the mound, throwing 5 1/3 innings, giving up three earned runs on four hits while striking out five.
Here’s everything you need to get ready for Monday’s Braves vs. Diamondbacks game.
Atlanta Braves vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Braves (-120, bet $120 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+101, bet $100 to win $101)
- Over/under: 8.5
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have won 16, or 53.3%, of the 30 games they’ve played as favorites this season.
- Atlanta has a record of 15-12 in games where oddsmakers favor them by at least -120 on the moneyline.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 54.5% chance of a victory for the Braves.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 27 of their 48 games with a total this season.
- The Braves are 22-26-0 against the spread in their 48 chances this season.
Spencer Strider (Braves Probable Starter)
- Strider has been named the starter for the Braves and will make his first start this season.
- The 23-year-old righty has pitched in relief 11 times already this campaign, but will make his first start.
- He has pitched in 11 games this season with an ERA of 2.22, a 3.364 strikeout to walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.027.
- The Diamondbacks have scored 189 runs this season, which ranks 22nd in MLB. They are batting .216 for the campaign with 57 home runs, sixth in the league.
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves’ 60 home runs rank fourth in Major League Baseball.
- Hitters for the Braves rank eighth in the majors with a combined .401 team slugging percentage.
- Atlanta has a team batting average of .231 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Braves have scored 198 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 17th in MLB.
- Atlanta has an OBP of .301 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Braves rank last in strikeouts per game (9.8) among MLB offenses.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been underdogs in 46 games this season and have come away with the win 20 times (43.5%) in those contests.
- This season, Arizona has been victorious 19 times in 44 chances when named as an underdog of at least +101 or worse on the moneyline.
- The moneyline set for this matchup implies the Diamondbacks have a 49.8% chance of coming away with a victory in the contest.
- Arizona and their opponents have hit the over in 24 of their 54 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- In 54 games with a line this season, the Diamondbacks have a mark of 32-22-0 against the spread.
Zac Gallen (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Gallen gets the start for the Diamondbacks, his ninth of the season. He is 3-0 with a 2.22 ERA and 43 strikeouts in 44 2/3 innings pitched.
- The righty last pitched on Wednesday against the Kansas City Royals, when he threw 5 1/3 innings, allowing six earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- During eight games this season, the 26-year-old has a 2.22 ERA and 8.7 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .170 to opposing hitters.
- Gallen has four quality starts under his belt this season.
- Gallen will try to build on an eight-game streak of lasting five or more innings (he’s averaging 5.2 innings per appearance).
- He will face off against a Braves offense that ranks 17th in the league with 367 total hits (on a .231 batting average). The squad also slugs a collective .401 (eighth in the league) with 60 total home runs (fourth in MLB play).
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks are sixth in baseball with 57 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- This season, the Diamondbacks are 20th in baseball, slugging .377.
- Arizona is 29th in the league with a .216 batting average.
- Averaging 3.9 runs per game (189 total), the Diamondbacks are the 22nd-highest scoring team in MLB play.
- Arizona is 23rd in baseball with a .298 on-base percentage.
- The Diamondbacks’ 9.3 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).