In the final game of a three-game series at Chase Field, the Atlanta Braves (23-27) take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (25-26), Wednesday at 3:40 PM ET.
The Diamondbacks are an underdog (+136 moneyline odds) when they square off against the Braves (-157). The Braves will start Kyle Wright (4-3) versus the Diamondbacks and Madison Bumgarner (2-3).
These squads meet again after the Diamondbacks’ 8-7 victory over the Braves yesterday. Mark Melancon (1.0 IP, 0 R, 2 H, 1 K) picked up the win for the Diamondbacks. Christian Walker went 3-for-4 with a double, a home run and three RBI to lead the team on offense. Jackson Stephens (0.1 IP, 1 R, 2 H, 0 K) took the loss on the mound for the Braves.
Get ready for the Braves vs. Diamondbacks with what you need to know ahead of Wednesday’s game.
Atlanta Braves vs. Arizona Diamondbacks Odds and Betting Lines
- Favorite: Braves (-157, bet $157 to win $100)
- Underdog: Diamondbacks (+136, bet $100 to win $136)
- Over/under: 9
Deposit $10, GET $200 INSTANTLY: Get action on this game! Place your legal sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook. Exclusive USA TODAY Network offer: Deposit $10, get $200 in betting credit instantly. 21+, terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Braves Stats and Trends
Braves Betting Records
- The Braves have been favorites in 32 games this season and won 16 (50%) of those contests.
- Atlanta has entered 14 games this season favored by -157 or more and is 7-7 in those contests.
- The implied probability of a win from the Braves, based on the moneyline, is 61.1%.
- Atlanta and its opponents have hit the over in 28 of their 50 games with a total this season.
- In 50 games with a spread this season, the Braves are 22-28-0 ATS.
Kyle Wright (Braves Probable Starter)
- The Braves will hand the ball to Wright (4-3) for his 10th start of the season.
- The right-hander gave up three earned runs in 6 2/3 innings pitched on Thursday in his last outing, a matchup with the Philadelphia Phillies.
- The 26-year-old has pitched in nine games this season with an ERA of 2.68, a 3.389 strikeout-to-walk ratio and a WHIP of 1.043.
- In nine starts this season, he’s earned a quality start in six of them.
- Wright has pitched five or more innings in three straight games and will look to extend that streak.
- The Diamondbacks rank 29th in MLB with a .218 batting average this season. They have a team slugging percentage that ranks 19th in the league (.381) and 59 home runs.
- Among qualified pitchers this season, the 26-year-old’s 2.68 ERA ranks 18th, 1.043 WHIP ranks 20th, and 10.2 K/9 ranks eighth.
Braves Batting Stats
- The Braves rank fifth in Major League Baseball with 62 home runs.
- Hitters for the Braves rank eighth in the majors with a combined .404 team slugging percentage.
- Atlanta’s .234 batting average ranks 19th in the league this season.
- The Braves have scored 207 runs (4.1 per game) this season, which ranks 15th in MLB.
- Atlanta has an on-base percentage of .303 this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Braves rank last in strikeouts per game (9.7) among MLB offenses.
Diamondbacks Stats and Trends
Diamondbacks Betting Records
- The Diamondbacks have been underdogs in 48 games this season and have come away with the win 22 times (45.8%) in those contests.
- This season, Arizona has come away with a win 12 times in 30 chances when named as an underdog of at least +136 or longer on the moneyline.
- The Diamondbacks have an implied victory probability of 42.4% according to the moneyline set by sportsbooks for this matchup.
- Arizona and their opponents have gone over in 25 of their 56 games with a total set by sportsbooks this season.
- The Diamondbacks have an against the spread record of 34-22-0 in 56 games with a line this season.
Madison Bumgarner (Diamondbacks Probable Starter)
- Bumgarner (2-3 with a 3.35 ERA and 31 strikeouts in 48 1/3 innings pitched) makes the start for the Diamondbacks, his 11th of the season.
- The lefty’s most recent time out came on Saturday against the Los Angeles Dodgers, when he went six innings, surrendering five earned runs while giving up seven hits.
- Over 10 games this season, the 32-year-old has amassed a 3.35 ERA and 5.8 strikeouts per nine innings, while giving up a batting average of .220 to his opponents.
- Bumgarner has one quality start under his belt this year.
- Bumgarner will look to last five or more innings for his fifth straight appearance. He’s averaging 4.3 innings per outing.
- The opposing Braves offense has the eighth-ranked slugging percentage (.404) and ranks fifth in home runs hit (62) in all of MLB. They have a collective .234 batting average, and are 14th in the league with 389 total hits and 15th in MLB action scoring 207 runs.
Diamondbacks Batting Stats
- The Diamondbacks average 1.2 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB play with 59 total home runs .
- So far this year, the Diamondbacks are 19th in the league, slugging .381.
- Arizona’s .218 batting average ranks 29th in MLB.
- The offense for the Diamondbacks is the No. 18 offense in baseball scoring 4.0 runs per game (203 total runs).
- Arizona ranks 21st in baseball with a .300 on-base percentage.
- The Diamondbacks’ 9.2 strikeouts per game are the second-most in baseball.
Place your legal, online sports bets in CO and NJ at Tipico Sportsbook now.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).