The No. 7 Kansas Jayhawks (24-6, 13-4 Big 12) are favored (by 6.5 points) to continue a five-game home winning streak when they host the No. 21 Texas Longhorns (21-9, 10-7 Big 12) on Saturday, March 5, 2022 at 4:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 137.5. In this preview, we analyze the Kansas vs. Texas odds and lines around this matchup.
Rankings courtesy of the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Both Kansas and Texas are 12-17-0 against the spread (ATS) so far this season. A total of 15 out of the Jayhawks’ 29 games this season have gone over the point total, and 14 of the Longhorns’ 29 games have gone over. The teams score an average of 147.7 points per game, 10.2 more points than this matchup’s total. Kansas is 5-5-0 against the spread and 8-2 overall over its last 10 contests, while Texas has gone 3-7-0 against the spread and 5-5 overall.
Ahead of this Big 12 matchup, get ready with everything you need to know before Saturday’s college basketball contest.
Texas at Kansas odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Kansas -6.5
- Total: 137.5
- Moneyline: Kansas -283, Texas +226
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Texas at Kansas odds, spread, & more
Kansas 72, Texas 66
- The Jayhawks have gone 23-5 in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 82.1% of those games).
- Kansas is 17-2 (winning 89.5% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -283 or shorter.
- The Jayhawks have an implied moneyline win probability of 73.9% in this matchup.
- The Longhorns have entered the game as underdogs five times this season and won once.
- Texas has played as an underdog of +226 or more once this season and lost that game.
- The moneyline for this contest implies a 30.7% chance of a victory for the Longhorns.
- The 78.9 points per game the Jayhawks record are 19.8 more points than the Longhorns allow (59.1).
- When Kansas scores more than 59.1 points, it is 12-17 against the spread and 24-6 overall.
- When Texas gives up fewer than 78.9 points, it is 12-13 against the spread and 20-6 overall.
- The Longhorns score the same points per game as the Jayhawks allow (68.8).
- Texas has put together a 9-5 ATS record and a 12-2 overall record in games it scores more than 68.8 points.
- Kansas’ record is 10-6 against the spread and 16-0 overall when it allows fewer than 68.8 points.
- The Jayhawks have out-scored their opponents by a total of 302 points this season (10.1 points per game on average), and the Longhorns have put up 291 more points than their opponents on the year (9.7 per game).
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The average implied total for the Jayhawks this season is 77 points, which equals their implied total in Saturday’s game.
- So far this season, Kansas has scored more than 72 points in 19 games.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Longhorns (71.7) is 5.7 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (66).
- This season, Texas has scored more than 66 points in a game 17 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
How to watch Kansas vs. Texas
- Game Day: Saturday, March 5, 2022
- Game Time: 4:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
Find out how to watch for free with fuboTV.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).