The No. 25 Michigan State Spartans (19-10, 10-8 Big Ten) are 6-point underdogs as they try to break a four-game road slide when they visit the No. 23 Ohio State Buckeyes (18-9, 11-7 Big Ten) on Thursday, March 3, 2022 at Value City Arena. The contest airs at 7:00 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of 138.5. In this article, we take a look at the Ohio State vs. Michigan State odds and lines ahead of this contest.
Rankings courtesy of the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Ohio State is 14-12-0 against the spread, while Michigan State’s ATS record this season is 14-13-0. The Buckeyes are 15-11-0 and the Spartans are 13-14-0 in terms of going over the point total. The two teams combine to score 146.1 points per game, 7.6 more points than this matchup’s total. Ohio State has a 7-3-0 record against the spread while going 7-3 overall over the past 10 contests. Michigan State has gone 4-6-0 against the spread and 4-6 overall in its last 10 contests.
Before this Big Ten matchup, here’s what you need to get ready for Thursday’s college basketball action.
Michigan State at Ohio State odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Ohio State -6
- Total: 138.5
- Moneyline: Ohio State -263, Michigan State +211
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Michigan State at Ohio State odds, spread, & more
Ohio State 72, Michigan State 69
- The Buckeyes have been the moneyline favorite 17 total times this season. They’ve gone 13-4 in those games.
- Ohio State is 10-1 (winning 90.9% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -263 or shorter.
- Based on this matchup’s moneyline, the Buckeyes have an implied win probability of 72.5%.
- The Spartans have won three of the eight games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
- Michigan State has not entered a game this season as a bigger underdog on the moneyline than the +211 odds on them winning this game.
- The sportsbooks’ moneyline implies a 32.2% chance of a victory for the Spartans.
- The Buckeyes average 6.1 more points per game (74.0) than the Spartans give up (67.9).
- When Ohio State scores more than 67.9 points, it is 14-6 against the spread and 16-4 overall.
- Michigan State is 12-9 against the spread and 17-4 overall when allowing fewer than 74.0 points.
- The Spartans put up just 4.0 more points per game (72.1) than the Buckeyes allow (68.1).
- Michigan State is 11-6 against the spread and 15-3 overall when it scores more than 68.1 points.
- Ohio State has an ATS record of 10-5 and a 12-4 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 72.1 points.
- The Buckeyes have out-scored their opponents by a total of 158 points this season (5.9 points per game on average), and the Spartans have put up 120 more points than their opponents on the year (4.2 per game).
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The Buckeyes’ average implied point total this season is 2.3 more points than their implied total in Thursday’s game (74.3 implied points on average compared to 72 implied points in this game).
- This season, Ohio State has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (72) 14 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Spartans (73.9) is the same as the team’s implied total in this matchup.
- This season, Michigan State has put up more than 66 points 18 times.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
How to watch Ohio State vs. Michigan State
- Game Day: Thursday, March 3, 2022
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN
Find out how to watch for free with fuboTV.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).