The No. 25 Michigan State Spartans (19-9, 10-7 Big Ten) are underdogs (by 4.5 points) to end a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Michigan Wolverines (15-12, 9-8 Big Ten) on Tuesday, March 1, 2022 at 8:30 PM ET. The matchup’s point total is set at 144. In this preview, we investigate the Michigan vs. Michigan State odds and lines ahead of this matchup.
Rankings courtesy of the Ferris Mowers Coaches Poll powered by USA TODAY Sports.
Michigan is 11-15-0 against the spread this season compared to Michigan State’s 14-12-0 ATS record. A total of 14 out of the Wolverines’ 26 games this season have hit the over, and 12 of the Spartans’ 26 games have gone over. The two teams score 144.8 points per game, 0.8 more points than this matchup’s total. Michigan has a 4-6-0 record against the spread while going 6-4 overall in the past 10 games. Michigan State has gone 5-5-0 against the spread and 5-5 overall in its last 10 games.
Get ready for this Big Ten matchup with what you need to know ahead of Tuesday’s college basketball action.
Michigan State at Michigan odds, spread and lines
Odds provided by Tipico Sportsbook; access USA TODAY Sports Scores and Sports Betting Odds hub for a full list.
- Spread: Michigan -4.5
- Total: 144
- Moneyline: Michigan -199, Michigan State +166
Let’s Make This Interesting – Place your legal sports bets online in New Jersey and Colorado with Tipico Sportsbook, a trusted, global sports-betting leader. Iowa, get ready, Tipico is coming to your state soon! New customer offer: Deposit $10 or more, get $100 in instant bet credits! 21+, see Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. Bet now!
Michigan State at Michigan odds, spread, & more
Michigan 72, Michigan State 68
- The Wolverines have won 61.1% of the games this season when they were the moneyline favorite (11-7).
- Michigan is 10-2 (winning 83.3% of its games) when playing as a moneyline favorite of -199 or shorter.
- The Wolverines have an implied moneyline win probability of 66.6% in this matchup.
- This season, the Spartans have been the underdog seven times and won three of those games.
- This season, Michigan State has won one of its three games when it’s the underdog by at least +166 on the moneyline.
- The implied probability of a win by the Spartans based on the moneyline is 37.6%.
- The Wolverines score 5.4 more points per game (72.7) than the Spartans allow (67.3).
- When Michigan scores more than 67.3 points, it is 11-5 against the spread and 13-3 overall.
- When Michigan State allows fewer than 72.7 points, it is 12-9 against the spread and 17-4 overall.
- The Spartans score just 2.8 more points per game (72.1) than the Wolverines give up (69.3).
- Michigan State is 11-5 against the spread and 15-2 overall when it scores more than 69.3 points.
- Michigan has an ATS record of 9-7 and a 12-4 record overall when its opponents score fewer than 72.1 points.
- The Wolverines have totaled 91 more points than their opponents this season (3.4 per game on average), and the Spartans have scored 137 more points than their opponents (4.8 per game).
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests and win prizes. Play now!
- The average implied total for the Wolverines this season is 74.2 points, 0.2 more points than their implied total of 74 points in Tuesday’s game.
- So far this season, Michigan has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (74) 12 times.
- The 73.8-point average implied total on the season for the Spartans is the same as the team’s implied total in this matchup.
- On the season, Michigan State has scored more than 70 points in 16 games.
Bet legally online with a trusted partner: Tipico Sportsbook, our official sportsbook partner in CO, NJ and, soon, IA. Bet now!
How to watch Michigan vs. Michigan State
- Game Day: Tuesday, March 1, 2022
- Game Time: 8:30 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX Sports Networks
Find out how to watch for free with fuboTV.
Gannett may earn revenue from Tipico for audience referrals to betting services. Tipico has no influence over nor are any such revenues in any way dependent on or linked to the newsrooms or news coverage. See Tipico.com for Terms and Conditions. 21+ only. Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS-OFF (IA).