The New York Knicks take to the court Wednesday for a night of NBA Playoff basketball with some interesting betting options. Let’s focus in on Alec Burks’ prop bets and lines for his upcoming matchup. The over/under for Burks’ points in Wednesday’s game against the Atlanta Hawks is 12.5.
Burks has averaged 12.8 points this season while shooting 41.9% from the floor. Over his last five matchups, he’s posted 15 points per game with a 44.6% rate of shooting from the field.
The Knicks are being picked to win in Game 5 of their First Round series by sportsbooks, who list them as 1.5-point favorites, while the over/under is set at 208.5 points. The teams will meet on Wednesday starting at 7:30 PM ET. Let’s dig into some insights and stats to figure out how Burks will perform in this matchup, especially as it pertains to his betting markets.
Alec Burks prop bets breakdown
- Points Over/Under: 12.5
- Over Odds: -125
- Under Odds: -105
- Points per game: 12.8
Alec Burks points insights
- The 12.5 point total set for Burks’ game Wednesday is 0.3 fewer points than his per-game scoring average.
- In 49.1% of his games this season (26 of 53 matchups) Burks has put up more than 12.5 points.
- Burks’ season-long average points prop bet over/under, 11.8 points, is 1.0 fewer point than his per-game scoring average.
- In less than half of his opportunities — seven of 18 this year (38.9%) — Burks has hit the over on his point total.
- In 28 of 53 games this year (52.8%), Burks has gone over his season average points prop bet total (11.8).
- Opponents of the Hawks have averaged 119.7 points per game this season, the most against any NBA squad.
Special NBA betting promotion!
Place a risk-free first bet at BetMGM Sportsbook up to $600 (paid in free bets) today!
New customer offer available in IA, IN, CO, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV; terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Alec Burks rebound insights
- Burks has averaged 0.1 more rebounds per game (4.6) than his prop bet total in Wednesday’s game (4.5).
- In 25 of 53 games this year (47.2%), Burks has reeled in more than 4.5 rebounds.
- Burks has grabbed 4.6 rebounds per game, which is 0.6 more rebounds than his season average prop.
- In 61.1% of his chances (11 out of 18), Burks has outpaced his rebounds prop bet total.
- The Hawks’ opponents are collecting 47.0 rebounds per game, which is the third-most allowed by an NBA squad this season.
Alec Burks assists insights
- Burks has averaged 2.2 assists per game this year, 0.3 assists less than his prop bet for the matchup on Wednesday (2.5).
- In 17 out of 53 games this season (32.1%) Burks has had more than 2.5 assists.
- Burks has averaged 0.4 more assists per game than his average assist prop bet over/under of 1.8.
- Burks has dished out 1.8 or more assists (his average assist prop bet over/under) in 34 of 53 of his games (64.2%).
- Teams are compiling 25.0 assists per game against the Hawks this season, the 10th-most allowed by a team.
Additional NBA sports coverage:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.
Powered by Data Skrive