Wednesday’s NBA Playoffs slate features the Memphis Grizzlies and some interesting betting options, including lines for De’Anthony Melton prop bets. Melton’s points prop bet over/under is set at 5.5 points for Wednesday’s matchup with the Utah Jazz.
Over his last five outings, Melton has averaged six points, compared to his season average of 8.7 points per game. He’s shooting 43.2% from the field this year (39.3% in just his last five games).
The Grizzlies will face the Jazz on Wednesday in Game 5 of their First Round series, starting at 9:30 PM ET. The Jazz are being picked to win the contest by bookmakers, who list them as 9.5-point favorites. The over/under is set at 226.5 points. Let’s take a look at how Melton has performed this season and in recent outings to provide insights into his betting lines for this matchup.
De’Anthony Melton prop bets breakdown
- Points Over/Under: 5.5
- Over Odds: -128
- Under Odds: 100
- Points per game: 8.7
De’Anthony Melton points insights
- The 5.5 point total set for Melton on Wednesday is 3.2 fewer points than his scoring average on the season (8.7).
- Melton has scored more than 5.5 points in 36 of 58 games this season (62.1%).
- Melton’s season-long average points prop bet total, 8.4 points, is 0.3 fewer points than his per-game scoring average.
- Less than half of the time — 42.9% of his outings this year — Melton has gone over his point total (three out of seven chances).
- 56.9% of Melton’s outings this year have seen him go under his season-long average points prop total of 8.4 points (33 out of 58 games).
- The Jazz’s opponents are scoring 108.8 points per game, which is the 22nd-most given up by an NBA team this season.
Special NBA betting promotion!
Place a risk-free first bet at BetMGM Sportsbook up to $600 (paid in free bets) today!
New customer offer available in IA, IN, CO, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV; terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
De’Anthony Melton rebound insights
- Melton’s per-game rebound average of 3.1 is 0.6 more rebounds than his prop bet over/under in Wednesday’s game (2.5).
- In 33 of 58 games this season (56.9%), Melton has grabbed more than 2.5 rebounds.
- Melton has reeled in 0.1 fewer rebounds (3.1 per game) than his season average prop bet (3.2).
- In just two of his seven opportunities (28.6%), Melton has outpaced his rebounds prop bet total.
- In only 36.2% of his games (21 of 58 contests), Melton has outpaced his average rebounds prop bet total (3.2).
- Teams are averaging 42.7 rebounds per game against the Jazz this season, the 26th-most allowed by a squad.
De’Anthony Melton assists insights
- Melton’s year-long assist average — 2.4 per game — is 0.9 assists higher than Wednesday’s assist over/under (1.5).
- In 37 out of 58 games this season (63.8%) Melton has dished out more than 1.5 assists.
- Melton has averaged 2.4 assists per game, the same as his average assist prop bet over/under.
- Melton has gone over his average assist prop bet total (2.4) in just 25 of his 58 games (43.1%).
- Teams are averaging 21.5 assists per game against the Jazz this season, the fewest allowed by a squad.
Additional NBA sports coverage:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.
Powered by Data Skrive