The Boston Celtics take to the court Tuesday for a night of NBA Playoff basketball with plenty of betting action. Let’s focus in on Tristan Thompson’s prop bets and lines for his upcoming game. The point total set for Thompson in Tuesday’s game against the Brooklyn Nets is 9.5.
Over his last five games, Thompson has finished with an average of 11 points and 10.4 rebounds per contest. On the season, he’s averaged 7.9 points and 8.3 rebounds while shooting 52.6% from the field.
Game 5 of the First Round series between the Celtics and Nets begins at 7:30 PM ET on Tuesday. Oddsmakers have installed the Nets as 12.5-point favorites, while the over/under is set at 233.5 points. How will Thompson perform relative to his betting lines? Let’s break down his performances and dig into some insights to find out.
Tristan Thompson prop bets breakdown
- Points Over/Under: 9.5
- Over Odds: -115
- Under Odds: -118
- Points per game: 7.9
Tristan Thompson points insights
- The 9.5 point total set for Thompson’s game Tuesday is 1.6 more points than his season scoring average.
- Thompson has scored more than 9.5 points 19 times this season (out of 59 total games — 32.2%).
- Thompson’s season-long scoring average, 7.9 points per game, is 1.0 fewer point than his average points prop bet total.
- Less than half of the time — 33.3% of his outings this year — Thompson has hit the over on his point total (11 out of 33 opportunities).
- Less than half of the time — 39% of his matchups this year — Thompson has hit the over on his season-long average point total of 8.9 points (in 23 of his 59 games).
- Teams are averaging 112.3 points per game against the Nets this season, the 12th-most given up by a team.
Special NBA betting promotion!
Place a risk-free first bet at BetMGM Sportsbook up to $600 (paid in free bets) today!
New customer offer available in IA, IN, CO, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV; terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Tristan Thompson rebound insights
- Thompson’s per-game rebound average — 8.3 — is 1.2 less rebounds than his prop bet over/under for Tuesday’s game (9.5).
- In 37.3% of his games this season (22 out of 59), Thompson has pulled down more than 9.5 boards.
- Thompson has collected the same number of rebounds as his season-long average prop bet over/under (8.3).
- In 17 of his 33 chances (51.5%), Thompson has outpaced his rebounds prop bet total.
- In only 45.8% of his games (27 out of 59 games), Thompson has gone over his average rebounds prop bet total (8.3).
- Teams are averaging 45.9 rebounds per game against the Nets this season, the ninth-most allowed by a team.
Tristan Thompson assists insights
- Thompson has averaged 1.2 assists per game, 0.3 less than Tuesday’s assist over/under (1.5).
- Thompson has dished out more than 1.5 assists in 19 out of 59 games this season (32.2%).
- Thompson has averaged 0.2 less assists per game than his average assist prop bet over/under of 1.4.
- Thompson has recorded 1.4 or more assists (his average assist prop over/under) in just 19 of 59 of his contests (32.2%).
- Teams are dishing out 22.6 assists per game against the Nets this season, the 28th-most allowed by a squad.
Additional NBA sports coverage:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.
Powered by Data Skrive