Tuesday’s NBA Playoffs slate features no shortage of betting opportunities, including the Boston Celtics’ Marcus Smart prop bets. Let’s take a look at the markets and lines for Smart in this postseason matchup. The point total set for Smart in Tuesday’s game against the Brooklyn Nets is 15.5.
Smart has averaged 13.4 points, 5.8 assists and 1.5 steals so far this year while shooting 40.6% from the floor. Over his last five contests, he’s recorded 16.4 points and 6.4 assists per game with a 47.4% rate of shooting from the field.
The Nets are being picked to win the contest by bookmakers, who list them as 12.5-point favorites, while the over/under is set at 233.5 points. The teams will take to the court on Tuesday in Game 5 of their First Round series, starting at 7:30 PM ET. Let’s dig into some insights and stats to figure out how Smart will fare in this matchup, especially as it pertains to his betting markets.
Marcus Smart prop bets breakdown
- Points Over/Under: 15.5
- Over Odds: -128
- Under Odds: -105
- Points per game: 13.4
Marcus Smart points insights
- The 13.4 points Smart has scored per game this season is 2.1 fewer points than his points prop total set for Tuesday (15.5).
- Smart has scored more than 15.5 points in 19 of 53 games this season (35.8%).
- Smart’s season-long scoring average, 13.4 points per game, is 0.2 fewer points than his average points prop bet total.
- 51.2% of Smart’s matchups this year have seen him go under his point prop total (21 out of 41 opportunities).
- In 27 of 53 games this year (50.9%), Smart has hit the over on his season average points prop bet total (13.6).
- The Nets’ opponents are averaging 112.3 points per game, which is the 12th-most allowed by an NBA squad this season.
Special NBA betting promotion!
Place a risk-free first bet at BetMGM Sportsbook up to $600 (paid in free bets) today!
New customer offer available in IA, IN, CO, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV; terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Marcus Smart rebound insights
- Smart’s per-game rebound average — 3.5 — equals his prop bet over/under for Tuesday’s game.
- In 43.4% of his games this year (23 out of 53), Smart has gone over his prop bet total for his next matchup (3.5 boards).
- Smart has grabbed 3.5 rebounds per game, which is 0.2 less boards than his season average prop.
- In 51.2% of his opportunities (21 of 41), Smart has gone over his rebounds prop bet total.
- Smart has outpaced his average rebounds prop bet total (3.7 boards) in just 43.4% of his matchups (23 of 53 games).
- The Nets’ opponents are averaging 45.9 rebounds per game, which is the ninth-most allowed by an NBA team this season.
Marcus Smart assists insights
- Smart’s season-long assist average — 5.8 per game — is 0.7 assists lower than Tuesday’s assist prop bet value (6.5).
- Smart has dished out more than 6.5 assists in 18 out of 53 games this season (34%).
- Smart has averaged 5.8 assists per game, 0.8 more per game than his average assist prop bet over/under of five.
- Smart has covered his average assist prop bet over/under (five) in 27 of his 53 games (50.9%).
- Teams are compiling 22.6 assists per game against the Nets this season, the 28th-most given up by a squad.
Additional NBA sports coverage:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.
Powered by Data Skrive