Sunday’s NBA Playoffs slate features no shortage of betting opportunities, including the Boston Celtics’ Marcus Smart prop bets. Let’s take a look at the markets and lines for Smart in this postseason matchup. Smart’s points prop bet over/under is set at 14.5 points for Sunday’s matchup with the Brooklyn Nets.
Over his last five outings, Smart has finished with an average of 15.2 points and 5.6 assists per contest. On the season, he’s averaged 13.3 points, 5.7 assists and 1.5 steals while shooting 40.7% from the floor.
The Nets are being picked to win in Game 4 of their First Round series by bookmakers, who list them as 7.5-point favorites, while the over/under is set at 229.5 points. The teams will take to the court on Sunday starting at 7:00 PM ET. Let’s take a look at how Smart has performed this season and in recent outings to provide insights into his betting lines for this matchup.
Marcus Smart prop bets breakdown
- Points Over/Under: 14.5
- Over Odds: -128
- Under Odds: -105
- Points per game: 13.3
Marcus Smart points insights
- The 14.5 point total set for Smart on Sunday is 1.2 more points than his scoring average on the season (13.3).
- Smart has scored more than 14.5 points 20 times this season (out of 52 total games — 38.5%).
- Smart’s season-long average points prop bet total is 0.3 points higher than his per-game scoring average (13.3 points).
- Less than half of the time — 48.8% of his outings this year — Smart has hit the over on his point total (20 out of 41 opportunities).
- In 50% of his matchups this year, Smart has gone over his season-long average point total of 13.6 points (in 26 of his 52 games).
- Opponents of the Nets have averaged 112.3 points per game this season, the 12th-most against any NBA squad.
Special NBA betting promotion!
Place a risk-free first bet at BetMGM Sportsbook up to $600 (paid in free bets) today!
New customer offer available in IA, IN, CO, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV; terms and conditions apply. Bet now!
Marcus Smart rebound insights
- Smart has collected 3.4 rebounds per game, 0.1 less boards than his prop bet for Sunday’s game (3.5).
- In 42.3% of his games this year (22 of 52), Smart has gone over his prop bet total for his next matchup (3.5 boards).
- Smart has pulled down 0.3 fewer rebounds (3.4 per game) than his season average prop bet (3.7).
- 51.2% of the time this year (21 of 41 chances), Smart has hit the over on his rebounds prop bet total.
- In just 22 of his 52 games (42.3%), Smart has surpassed his average rebounds prop bet total of 3.7 boards.
- The Nets’ opponents are collecting 45.9 rebounds per game, which is the ninth-most allowed by an NBA squad this season.
Marcus Smart assists insights
- Smart’s season-long assist average — 5.7 per game — is 0.2 assists higher than Sunday’s assist prop bet total (5.5).
- In 50% of his matchups this season (26 out of 52) Smart has collected more than 5.5 assists.
- Smart has averaged 0.7 more assists per game than his average assist prop bet over/under of five.
- The Nets’ opponents are dishing out 22.6 assists per game, which is the 28th-most given up by an NBA squad this season.
Additional NBA sports coverage:
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.
Powered by Data Skrive