The Washington Nationals (15-20) take on the Arizona Diamondbacks (18-22) Sunday in the rubber match of their three-game series at Chase Field. First pitch is scheduled for 4:10 p.m. ET. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook‘s lines around the Nationals vs. Diamondbacks odds with MLB picks and predictions.
These teams exchanged clobberings in the first two games of this series with the Nationals drilling the D-Backs 17-2 Friday then Arizona beating up on Washington 11-4 Saturday.
Season series: Tied 3-3.
RHP Erick Fedde is on the mound for the Nationals. He is 2-4 with a 5.29 ERA (32 1/3 IP, 19 ER), 1.36 WHIP, 4.5 BB/9 and 8.9 K/9 over 7 starts. Fedde picked up a win against Arizona earlier this season, striking out 9 and allowing just 1 earned run over 5 innings in Washington’s 6-2 win April 17.
- Last outing: Loss in 5 IP with 3 ER, 5 H, 3 BB and 4 K Tuesday vs. the Philadelphia Phillies.
- Career vs. Diamondbacks: 1-1 with a 4.91 ERA (11 IP, 6 ER), 1.27 WHIP and 8.2 K/9 in 2 starts.
- vs. D-Backs on the current roster: 27 at-bats with a .259/.286/.296 slash line.
RHP Luke Weaver gets the start for the D-Backs. He is 2-3 with a 5.00 ERA (36 IP, 20 ER), 1.25 WHIP, 2.8 BB/9 and 8.8 K/9 across 7 starts. Weaver was the losing pitcher in Washington’s 6-2 victory over Arizona last month. He was touched up for 4 earned runs on 8 hits in 4 innings pitched.
- Last outing: Win in 6 1/3 IP with 0 ER, 4 H, 0 BB and 6 K vs. the Miami Marlins Monday.
- Career vs. Nationals: 0-2 with a 7.04 ERA (7 2/3 IP, 6 ER), 2.09 WHIP and 4.7 K/9 in 2 starts.
- vs. Nationals on the current roster: 69 at-bats with a .348/.370/.507 slash line and 3 HR.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you’ll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Nationals at Diamondbacks odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Nationals -110 (bet $110 to win $100) | Diamondbacks -110 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Nationals -1.5 (+145) | Diamondbacks +1.5 (-175)
- Over/Under: 9.5 (O: +100 | U: -120)
Nationals 7, Diamondbacks 4
Money line (ML)
BET the NATIONALS (-110) for 1 unit because it’s fading the market that has steamed the D-Backs up from slight underdogs to nearly a pick ’em plus Washington’s lineup hits Weaver well.
Nationals hitters had the highest contact rate and lowest swinging strike rate of any of Weaver’s opponents this season and Washington’s lineup had an absurd 61.1% hard-hit rate vs. Weaver in the earlier meeting.
PASS because I don’t “like” Washington enough to lay it with Nationals -1.5 (+145) especially since Fedde is a back of the rotation guy.
Slight “LEAN” to the OVER 9.5 (+100) for a quarter unit because I prefer sides more than totals unless I find an overwhelming edge but both lineups are pretty good and both starters are mediocre at best.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.