The Toronto Blue Jays (17-16) visit the Atlanta Braves (17-17) for a three-game interleague set beginning Tuesday with a 7:20 p.m. ET first pitch at Truist Park. Let’s analyze BetMGM Sportsbook‘s lines around the Blue Jays vs. Braves odds with MLB picks and predictions.
Blue Jays LHP Robbie Ray makes his sixth start of the season at 1-1 and with a 3.14 ERA. He has a 1.15 WHIP and 9.1 K/9 against 2.8 BB/9.
- Giving up a hard-hit rate of 48.7% and is seeing a staggering 20% of fly balls leave the yard but is stranding 93.5% of base runners.
- Held the Braves to 2 earned runs over 6 2/3 innings April 30. He struck out 5 with no walks but 1 home run allowed.
Braves RHP Bryse Wilson draws the start in what is expected to be mostly a bullpen day for the hosts. He is 1-2 with a 6.75 ERA, 1.92 WHIP, 4.5 K/9 and 3.8 BB/9 over 12 IP spanning 3 starts.
- Tossed 5 innings with 2 earned runs allowed in his first start of the season but went 4 and 3 innings in his last two starts and hasn’t thrown 70 pitches in a single outing this season.
- The Braves bullpen combines for a 4.45 ERA and 4.40 xFIP over 127 1/3 innings of work.
MLB betting offers/promotions
BetMGM Sportsbook offers available in CO, IA, IN, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV. New customer offers, terms and conditions apply.
- Bet just $1 on either team’s money line, WIN $100 (in free bets) if either team hits a home run during the game. Bet now!
- RISK-FREE FIRST BET. Place your first bet, if it loses you’ll get up to $600 in free bets. Bet now!
Blue Jays at Braves odds, lines, picks and prediction
- Money line: Blue Jays -135 (bet $135 to win $100) | Braves +10 (bet $110 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS: Blue Jays -1.5 (+120) | Braves +1.5 (-140)
- Over/Under: 9 (O: -105 | U: -115)
Blue Jays 7, Braves 4
Money line (ML)
The BLUE JAYS (-110) are the play.
Atlanta is 29th in baseball with a .557 team OPS against left-handed pitching and has struck out in 27.2% of plate appearances in the split.
Ray excelled against the Braves in the first head-to-head meeting this season and is a safe bet to pitch deeper into the game than Wilson.
Toronto is 10th in MLB with a .709 team OPS against right-handed pitching and strikes out in 22.7% of plate appearances.
The BLUE JAYS -1.5 (+145) should also be backed to win by 2 or more runs for better value.
There’s worry in a Toronto bullpen ravaged by injuries but the Atlanta relief corps has struggled all season as well.
Back the OVER 9 (-105) with the Blue Jays expected to get to Wilson early and both bullpens likely to give up some late runs.
Toronto played to the Over in five straight games while going 3-2 straight up in those outings.
PLAY: Free, daily sports pick’em contests. Play now!
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage. This information is for entertainment purposes only. We make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy, completeness, or reliability of any content.